Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH congestion

• This topic has 115 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by Surajit Saha.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    rajandran

Hi this is R.Rajandran,BSS Engineer amd I wanna know how to reduce SDCCH congestion at Busy hours.

R.Rajandran

alexander

Which vendor your equipment is? Does it supports “DYNAMIC SDCCH”?
    you can always add more SDCCH to prevent SDCCH congestion 🙂
    Alex
    http://www.dx200.biz

M.Thyagarajan

It is simple to add the SDCCH ,

But we need to find the reason for the congestion is it due to more calls or location updates.

If it is due to calls then SDCCH has to be added or the dynamic SDCCH can be configured in the network.

If due to location updates then we need to see the Location area dimensioning and planning.
    be carefull before u add the SDCCH as it has to be planned

Rajandran

Thanks For the Information Guys
    And Iam Working in AXE10 Ericcson Platform Does it supports Dynamic
    SDCCH Allocation. It it is Possible then How to configure
    Dynamic SDCCH?

And I know How to Allocate time slot for SDCCH. But Dont Know how to work With Dynamic SDCCH.

Need Help From U People

R.Rajandran

jood

Ericsson support the dynamic SDCCH as radio network feature (addaptive configuration for physical channel).
    just you need to define BASIC SDCCH LOAD, thus the integrated algorithm will allocate extra SDCCH from TCH TSs in case of congestion on SDCCH by call connection, LAU,or any influence event.. the basic load is almost by SDCCH/8 or 2xSDCCH/8.
    Ericsson has also support Direct assignment feature which also allow you to reduse the congestion level at SDCCH even 0%, & it work by doing the function of SDCCH on the TCH frame & transfear it by SACCH & FACCH ts.
    I hope it usefull….
    regards.

Ebrahim

Hi,

Just be aware of what services will be affected by Dynamic SDCCH. Some of those services (i.e. SMS, LU, and others) might not be possible by dynamic SDCCH (check vendor’s documentation about this feature).

Another way to reduce the congestion, for border sites increase the number of SDCCH since they will consume little resources.

Regards

alexander

Ebrahim, Are you sure that some vendor’s equipment supports dynamic SDCCH for some purposes only? I guess if dynamic SDCCH is allocated then there is no difference which service (sms,la) is using this dynamic SDCCH… I’m working on Nokia BSC and dynamic SDCCH is just ordinary SDCCH which may be used for any purpose, if it’s dynamically allocated…
    Alex

jood

Ebrahim
    you right ,As some vendors, the dynamic SDCCH feature can be restricted only on callsetup events.((to obtain good QoS regarding CSR)).
    So all other SDCCH events(LU,SMS)will operated from the fixed SDCCH resourse.
    BUT notice that for border cell,than factor for adding SDCCH is not cell location mainly ,but you need to investigate the LU events rate cross the cell.
    thus you are generaly right.
    THANKS.

mami

Hi everybody.
    I wonder what is the different between Dynamic SDCCH & Direct assignment because as I guess they both used as SDCCH congestion relief.
    Thanks

Rudrakar

Hi all
    any other idea to reduce the SDCCh congetion other than adding dynamic SDCCH.

Regards
    Rudrakar
    from India

alexander

Rudrakar, there are 2 ways to reduce SDCCH congestion: 1)add dynamic SDCCH 2) add dedicated SDCCH 🙂 or re-configure network since the reason for SDCCH congestion may be LU, so just change LA border to cell with higher amount of SDCCH
    Alex

Boko

If the cell is on LA and RA border and you don’t have combined area update the load on you SDCCH will be much higher

Rudrakar

Hi Boko,
    SDCCH congetion will increase at RA border also.

mami

what is the RA border

Boko

Hi

RA=Routing Area.
    when you cross the border you do routing area update (GPRS attached MS). Also the Location area border is Routing area border also. During RA update there are a lot of uplink TBFs established, each of them initialy on SDCCH after that on TCH/GPRS time slot.

Rgds,
    Boko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.