Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

radio optimization

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    monem

Hi all.
    we meet some problem in our network in (cell border modefication). so made more mechanical tilt instead of antenna highet reduction & inter it in our planner.
    so i ask is it sufficent to work just by M tilt instead of Ant highet, & no problem for propagation breakpoint (max highet is 50 m).
    any body have more info on it.???
    Regards

Chefo

Hi Monem,

It is very important to make the cell borders as sharp as possible. Remember-the border is sharper when the beam is falling at steeper angle, so the higher the cell antenna-the better the borders. You should look for the -3dB of the antenna pattern (vertical) and this should be your border.
    Good luck!

monem

Thanks chefo.
    OK.
    let us say we have 40m antenna, & coverage area with 1.4 km radius.
    if we need to optimize the radious to 1km, which way is better ( to reduce the antenna highet OR to make more down tilt) assume that there is no obstacle for fersnel zone even we made a high down tilt (open area).
    Regards.

monem

Thanks chefo.
    OK.
    let us say we have 40m antenna, & coverage area with 1.4 km radius.
    if we need to optimize the radious to 1km, which way is better ( to reduce the antenna highet OR to make more down tilt) assume that there is no obstacle for fersnel zone even we made a high down tilt (open area).
    Regards.

jood

Mechanical downtilt angle depends at least on 2 factors.
    1-Geometrical factor which is = arctan(h(bts)-h(MS))/d .
    h(bts): bts antenna highet.
    h(MS): mobile antenna highet.
    d : distance to cell border.
    2-Antenna beamwidth factor(vertical BW upper -3dB in V pattern)
    so,two great impact on D tilt angle(V beam width & Ant geometric which depends mainly on Ant highet.
    thus the antenna highet has great effect on tilt angle .BUT we must must define it at initial (nominal plan),& any optimization after that is better with tilt.(unless seldom emergency condition).
    regards.

Buddha

Hi,

Better study the book Mobile Communication by CY Lee

patrick

I think that more down tilt is better to make indoor cover on your local area.

more

hi all
    I need to know about the relation between 3G CDMA band width, and the resulted coherence bandwidth of RF signal. and How the CDMA BW be narrow BW or wide BW according to the coherence BW.

jood

Hi more:
    coherence BW is approximately inverse of delay spread. thus coherence BW is wide when delay spread is small (indoor environment). So when coherence BW is >>>>more big than CDMA BW.the CDMA is assumed to be narrow band (espetialy indoor).

monem

hi all
    How can i perform a consentric cell in network.& how can i use the forbiden interfered freq in inner zone(plan different reuse factor) & is it antenna for any zone =>> increase no of antennas.
    please i need info & documentation……any body have???
    TH in AD

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.