Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CDMA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Amberish Trivedi

How Inter CBSC Soft Handoff is defined in Motorola system..i.e they are using type 4, type 7…but when we kn use which type?

khan

give details of rf plaining of cdma

amberish trivedi

hi khan/… we are using 2 set of frequencies…so when my call is going from 1 sector of 1 site to another sector of 2nd site then they are defining this handoff as a soft if these sites are controlled by same CBSC but if they are handelled by different CBSC then they are defining it as ICSHO4 or ICSHO7…this much i kn say you…awaiting for ur reply

Santy

I want to know about the diff between soft and softer HO?

Kuma

Soft HO is between two cells at different sites. Softer HO is between two co-located (at same site) cells.

santy

can u explain in terms of sector -carrier?

Kuma

Both Softer and Soft HO are within one frequency.

Santy

What if one cell is 2 FA and other is 3 FA…And if the person on third frequency going to next site having two carriers?

nassim

you have one parameter you need to adjsut in this case
    RTD: round trip delay

regards

Santy

Nassim…
    Can u elaborate your point?

nassim

Dear Santy

When the mobile’s RTD passes upward through a datafilled threshold,the system steps in and orders a hard handoff to the matching sector of the bridge cell on the other system
    regards
    Nassim

Niyi

I have worked on circuit switch but am trying to move into SOFTSWITCH. I mean IP Telecomms engineer. am in Lagos Nigeria.i also need foundamentals of VoIP STUFF.
    THANKS
    Regards
    Niyi

amberish

hi santy, answer to ur question if person going from two carrier to third carrier site then there is no problem. He will get only hard handoff but if he is going from 3 carrier to 2 carrier site then u have to define parameter DAHO in 3c site so customer call will not get dropped when he is moving from 2c to 3c. I hope it will clear ur doubt.

venkat esh

Hi Amberish/Santy,

This is in reference to A mobile moving from 3C to 2c.

let the frequencies with BTS A be F1,F2,F3 & BTS B be F1,F2.

If mobile is moving from A to B there is no problem, but if the mobile is moving from B to A and With The Mobile Hashed to F3. Then Border definitions have to be defined in such a way that F3 is H/O to F2.

rgrds
    Venkat

yvravi

Hi Nassim/Shanty,

Transalations allow selected sectors to be configured for Inter Frequency Handoff.To Maximize the coverage/Capacity acheived on aborder cell it is recommended that the only outward facing sectors of each Fn/Fi.Border cell be configured for Inter Frequency Handoff.The inward facing sectors will normally configured for Fn Traffic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.