Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call Setup time in GSM

• This topic has 23 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Wallis Dudhnath.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    SURESH

Dear Garry,I am a research scholor working in the area of GSM networks. How to calculate the call setup time for a GSM network.

Usman

For bigger and complex GSM networks, average time is 5.5 to 7 secs.

gyana

we have rehomed some BSC From one SGSN to another new SGSN. and found call setup time increased while subsciber is in GPRS active mode in that SGSN.MT voice call is happening through Gs interface.

Kindly advice

priya

how to get the call setup time for different networks like gps,gprs,umts. and there is any techniques to minimise the call setup time ?

Sudhir

Call setup time calculation in tems logfile

kranthi

Hi ,

can any one provide the standard & standard specification where i can get GSM call flow in detail & time allowed by the standard ( 3GPP OR ETSI ) . Need in standard specification ( ETSI xxxx OR 3GPP xxxx) that has to use some where in my organisation

Ayat

hello

in core level we enable identity request for MO , MT , and SMS MO ,SMS M and it cause delay in Call setup to we planing to disable it , do you think it will effect collecting IMEI in Our network
    with existing EIR ,,any bad impact

as i know it is an optional and usually vendor like Huawei disable this message for service , keep it only on LOC

pix

Hi Ayat,

IMEI authentication may not be mandatory (in your country), so you could by-pass it. The only drawback is the lesser security when setting up calls, and the inability to know the handset model from a call trace.

Regarding security, there is probably a good reason to keep the IMEI check, but I’m not familiar with this aspect of things. If I were you, I would bring up the topic to security experts.

Regarding tracing, it depends if you’re using massive probing servers such as Astellia. Showing the IMEI information for each call is a great way to isolate problematic handset models.

Finally, if your government or a private company tests your network and finds out that it is less protected that your competitors, it may
    (1) play against you when they have to choose which operator to subscribe to.
    (2) may be bad publicity.

The IMEI phase is not taking up so much time I think… It’s a phase which is run in parallel to other phases, which means it doesn’t “block” the call setup process (afaik). I wonder how much time you’d gain by removing it.

BR/Pix

Wallis Dudhnath

As highlighted compared to other GSM nodes, the EIR is not mandatory. Several GSM Networks were launched without an EIR.

To reduce on SCCP signalling messages (e.g. CheckIMEI()) the MSC/VLRs can be configured so that a query to the EIR will not be required for every call, i.e. the query requests can be reduced.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.