Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

paging concept

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by prashant.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kat

Hi all

Can any one help me to understand the paging concept ?

How paging is done? Does it start with the cell level, or with LAC level?

Means when network starts paging, does it start with the cell where subscriber has done location update last time? Or does is start with the whole LAC where the subscriber is??

And again if any one explain the case with the TMSI and IMSI pag/repag, I will be thank full to him/her

-thanks in advance.

kat

cybhert

The paging is always on LAC level .. yes it will start with the last LAC used by the subscriber..

Thanks

kat

hi cybhert,

thanks. can also please explain the TMSI / IMSI repagin. and may be VLR paging also if possible..

means normaly how its configured in nw, how it affects the paging response and all…

-thanks

Scot

I want to know abt FIRST PAGE AND SECOND PAGING.

What is th tinmer used for these two.

Rgds

jood

Hi cat & scot
    MSC/VLR send the paging to the whole LA which MS is in.(IMSI or TMSI),better by TMSI cuz it has small size (4TMSI in one paging block)
    IF no responce, MSC/VLR send 2th paging to the whole MSC area. better with IMSI (2IMSI in paging block). cuz MS may just crossing to new LA & its TMSI on VLR not change yet, or my be it powered on or connected to network in diff area & its TMSI not changed correctely, so cuz of all this the 2th paging must be with IMSI.
    furthermore there is two stage timer in MSC,one to trigger the 2th page after defined time from the 1st page, and other stage is expire timer to drop the call after its time from 2th page.
    regards.

kat

thanks jood.

regards.

prashant

I want to apply paging concept

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.