Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Au-PJE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sam

I have an STM1 with a work and protect path. I have soft loops on both w & p at the far end and am running a 24 hr BER test at my end. I am not sure if MSP has been configured on the SDH / ADM at any NE in the path.

2 ISSUES

1. I have 1 test set connected on EACH pair (work and protect)
    When I inject errors on the working pair, I see the error come back to me, as it should. But the error is also received on the protect pair.
    I cannot inject an error on the protect pair.
    What could be the reason.

2. I ran a 24 hour test on both the pairs and noticed 17 instances of AU-PJE (Pointer Justification Event) What does this mean?

Thanks & Regards,

Fred

If you have an STM-1 with worker and protection path, that suggests they are they linked in some way? I suspect MSP has been set up between you and your provider. As a result you actually only have one cct that is protected rather than 2 ccts one used as a main/worker path and one a protection. MSP explains why the injected errors on the worker are seen on the protection and the protection test doesn’t work as you expected.

To clear AU-PJE errors either move the loop closer or get the provider to investigate. I suspect a possible sync / clocking issue.

Good luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.