Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

i want to kown about erlang calculation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    khadun omsharan

plz i wanna to kown about erlang calculations notes and theory.The traffic block,and al things that is attached to the traffic.

Adel Khader

Erlang is a measure of the Channel Occupation Rate within Time Period. One Erlang is the Occupation of One Traffic Resource (TCH, SDCCH, PDCH, E1 Device…) for one Hour. It is used to evaluate Subscriber Activity (Money) or to evaluate Resource Usage (Capacity and Dimensioning).

To Plan Resource Capacity the Busy Hour is used (Hour with Highest Usage for the Resource under Dimensioning).
    For Dimensioning the target is to find the number of resources needed to handle subscriber demand and at the same time to guaranty certain Service Quality.
    This Service Quality is referred to as Grade of Service (GOS); GOS =0.1 is better than GOS =0.2 but requires more Resources (More Money)
    To know the Number of Resources Required to Handle Expected Subscriber Demand (x Erlangs) with GoS not less than (GOS >= Y) Erlang B or Erlang C tables can be used.

khadun omsharan

plz give me the formula to calculate erlang

thanks

Adel Khader

Hi Khadun;

Your request is not so clear.
    Normaly we are measuring the Erlang from OMC Measurements.

arya

Adel,
    I want to calculate the money ($) from my traffic data, I want to have the revenue of sites in a month, can I.
    What data I must collect?
    I have traffic (in Erl).
    I have total calls.
    I have the $ tarif/minutes.
    How is the formula to have revenue ($)?

Fabio

Arya,

If you multiply the total of traffic in erlang by 60, you´ll have the total of minutes that your system delivered to subscribers.
    Then, just multiply it by the $/minutes of your network.

And there you go…

Cerebrum

Hi, Arya!
    The tings that Fabio said are right but incomplete. The Erlang is unit for Traffic Intensity, not for Traffic Volume. There is an unit called Erlang/Hour (In that case Fabio is correct) that shows the Traffic Volume. If you have traffic measurements for all day in Erl you must calculate first the Traffic Volume in minutes. The number needed for multipliing the Erlangs is corresponding to the observed period.
    If the measurement is over 15 min and you have 10 Erl, hence multiply 10*15=150 min, if the period is 24Hour and you have for the whole period 10Erl, then 10*24*60=14400 min.
    On the other hand there is something else. You have the measurements for the holding time, not for the converstaion time. The users pay for conversation not for holding the line. If B-(Busy, not answer and so on) A-subscriber is not charged, but will generate traffic.
    I’dont know how your subscribers are charged, but in my country they are charged at least for a minute and after that for every second. So if a call is shorter than 1 min they will pay for a whole, but the generated traffic will be less.
    Best Reagrads!

Zahid Hussain

I have data of 24 hours which includes ANSWER TIMES(times),ANSWER TRAFFIC(ERL,)CALL ATTEMPTS(times).
    I want to find total number of charged minutes. Please guide me about how can i find charged minutes from the mentioned data.

cerebrum

Hi Zahid,
    the answer of your question is in my previous post. You can find the total amount of charged minutes from the ANSWER TRAFFIC(ERL).

Best Regards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.