Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Performance Benchmarking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Adel Khader

Dear;

Do any body got Benchmarking figures (Either from Industry Practice or from International recommendations)for GSM/GPRS KPIs

JCD

These is interesting, in our company, benchmark is determined by subscriber and/or network behavior.

Adel Khader

I think that you are evaluating you network Key Performance Indicators against some Thresholds

Do you have any idea about those thresholds and from where thay came?

SurvivorNBS

Threshold will depend on your company. Example, if you can support a zero DCR, that will be possible but comes with a very high cost. Close to the ideal you wanted to go, the higher the cost it will be. 2.0% DCR in our company is acceptable. 96% CSR is also acceptable.

Adel Khader

Although it depends on Operator I heard that some International Standardization Sites like 3GPP and ITU-T are recommending Indicators to be Monitored and the Thresholds for those Indicators.

I am trying to find such document that describes those KPIs.
    For example the document will tell that Operator should Monitor DCR as Dropped Calls divided by Successful Calls and the Benchmark for this DCR is 2%…etc for many KPIs

Can any body help me on this regards

JCD

Threshold is basically defined as network standard.. Various KPI such DCR, CSR, Blk/Drp, CSSR have a defined KPI targets that should be met.. Basically, every department from Eng to O&M these KPI targets are monitored.

Adel Khader

Hi JCD;

You are right, and what I am about is to compare the Thresholds used by my operator with other operators world wide.

JCD

In our company, threshold are:

CSR @ 96%
    CCR @97%
    Drop/BLK @.02%
    TchAvail @99%

I’m not sure about the other networks..

Adel Khader

Thanks alot;
    do you have the formula used for CCR%and CSR%

for the Drop/BLK @.02% is it .02% or 2% (i.e. 0.02)

monem

key performance indecators(Kpi) is describing the radio network performance in GSM system.
    And it affected by (accessibility,Retainability & service integrity). so for Ex it may contain (HO rate,SDCCH drop rate,RA success rate,LA success rate,PSR,minutes per dropped TCH,….etc). but the threshold is differ according to the obtained QoS.
    thus the indecated threshold can be divided as the status of (Bad,Insufficient,Good,Very good & Out standing).and the status thresholds depends basiclly on the requested QoS & system design.

Adel Khader

Thanks monem; are you using both Threshold description (Good, Bad…) and threshold Status (99.5 %, 98% …) or you are ysing only the Status.

I am trying to collect thresholds used in defferent Markets/Operators.

for example Operator x1:
    Call Dropp Rate, Dropped Connections devidedd by Total Connections, Treshold 99%

TCH Congestion Rate, TCH Block devided by attempts, Threshold 98%.
    Ther Operator x2

adelkhader@hotmail.com

monem

dear Adel Khader:
    I send you small Schedual for different threshold on penchmarking (Real Case) & i think it may useful.

Arya

Dear,
    Have anybody know the international standard (for multivendors) formula of %CCR, %CSR and %CSSR?
    Because it is confuse…

JCD

Arya,

For the KPI you’ve mentioned, I’m not aware if there’s a standard among vendors… however, anything less than 95% is not good.

Scot

What are the things observed for NSS-CORE NETWORK Side ?

Performance Benchmarking-Kindly give me a small description to know abt this ?

Rgds

Sunil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.