Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Why TSC(Training seq code) = BCC

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mohammad Yasin

Hi All,
    I have read a lot of times that according to GSM Standard 05.02 TSC Training sequence code must be equal to BCC (Base station colour code)but didnt got the explanation why this rule has been standardised.
    Regards

M.Thyagarajan

it is only true for the BCCH TRX.
    Because in the BCCH info broadcast the BCC is sent and inorder to verify whether the BCC is correctly decoded or not, it is compared with the TSC at the MS end.

But for other TRX’s the TSC can be changed but it has to be planned properly.

DriveTest

how to plan the TSC for the non-BCCH TRX? is there any algorithm to follow?

Pix

In alcatel, the TSC is defined for the whole cell, it’s not defined per TRX.
    So it can’t be changed per TRX (in alcatel)

milenio

Correct me if I am wrong but TSC is from 0-7 and it is that, because there are only 8 Training Sequences Codes, which are as a part of the Normal burst and is used to measure BER, and if the message is decoded correctly. as I’ve seen it is possible to define different TSCs for different channel groups, e.g 900/1800 band.

Kamal

Milenio is right..
    In fact u can experience this during trx creation from bsc console in nokia…
    zerc for creation n zerc for deletion…

Pix

Different vendors, different possibilities 🙂 Alcatel does not allow different TSC within the same cell, even if there are 2 frequency band’s “groups”.

Amo

Hello All,

We have ALU network.

How to plan TSC?
    Should/Must be =BCC per cell?

What’s the outcome if there’s no plan with TSC? Or what’s the benefit to have a TSC plan (QoS improve…)?

zen

Can anybody reply for the below Q

We have ALU network.

How to plan TSC?
    Should/Must be =BCC per cell?

What’s the outcome if there’s no plan with TSC? Or what’s the benefit to have a TSC plan (QoS improve…)?

My question isn’t TSC should be default as i have never changed it as an optimizer.

AKS

Hi to all that is nice Question…..Pls any expert explain it

jesson

Dear all,

Could you please replay for my question, i have some issues regarding Egprs & Gprs traffic i’ve found some cells with Zero traffic,what i can do , i’ve already checked all parameters i don’t find any discrepencies, i want to know which parameter is responsible of this problem

Vikas Sehrawat

Training sequence is a 26 bit pattern often transmited in Normal Burst of TCH channel for radio link quality estimation and equalization.
    The main functions of the tranning sequence code are.
    1.Used to determine signal distortion and bit error rate.
    2. Used for timing Advance(TA) alculation.
    3. Used as a channel Identifier.
    4. Used for equalisation purpose.
    The TSC is equipped on a TDMA time slot basis The Tranning sequence code of timeslot ” 0″ of the BCCH carrier should be equal to the BCC of the cell.
    Value Range; 0-7

Dell

Hi,
    in one BSC we changed TSC values and set to equal BCC. What indicator we can check in NPO in order to see changes for good or for bad. Vendor ALU.
    Regards,
    Dell

pix

Hi Dell,

I think it helps with HO Execution Rate, or CSSR (sdcch assignment success rate ?)

But I’m not sure…

Regards,
    PIx

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.