Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang Formula

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Erik

Hopefully, Gurmon, you can give a hand 😉
    Actually, there _are_ answers. Not to all questions, though.
    Personally, I try to answer when I understand the question (biggest problem due to lacking description of the problem or due to my “still beginner” status).

gautham

hi,
    does any body have the answers to these questions of mine??

I have this system which is supposed to make calls as per the time specified in a list with limitation in number of lines available. I would not like to miss out any numbers.

Which would be the best algorithm for placing the call with minimum number of left over calls ? Do you have a reference material or can anybody point me towards the solution? 🙂

Erik

yes I agree, i`ll be spending more time here now, and helping with as many questions as possible. i do agree a lot of questions don`t make sense. maybe I`ll write a cheat sheet and post it here so its easier for ppl to ask qestions on design and capacity planning

kamal

Four towns A, B, C and D are connected in a telephone network as shown in the
    above figure. Traffic between these 4 towns (in Erlangs) is given in the table below.
    A B C D
    A – 10 10 40
    B 15 – 5 5
    C 10 5 – 10
    D 30 10 5 –
    Assuming that the end-to-end GoS blocking probability should be less than 1%,
    calculate the number of trunks required for trunk groups A-C, C-D and B-C.
    Note: Assume that the GoS blocking probability for all trunk groups (A-C, C-D, B-C)
    is the same.
    Due to the high traffic volume between towns A and D, the network planners have
    decided to put a direct trunk group of 36 trunks between these two towns. To
    compensate the cost of these additional trunks, network planners have also decided to
    reduce the number of trunks between A-C and C-D by 37 trunks each. The new
    routing policy is to route traffic between A and D using the direct trunk group and
    once the direct trunk group is full, any incoming traffic (between towns A and D) are
    routed via C. Calculate the blocking probabilities between A-D and B-D.
    Note: Assume that the combination of overflow and offered traffic to any trunk group
    is Poisson.

plz help me to solve this sum

julio

hi! I need to known if is possible convert MSU to EARLANG
    any information I’ll be apreciated

c u guys

julio

Vijay

Kamal,
    Your figure is missing in question, shall i assume all towns are directly connected with all towns?

Regards,

Banhisikha Goswami

Hi,

Can anyone let me know that, how can I decode the SS7 signaling messages captured in protocal analyzer?

Many thanks !
    banhi

Alejandro Galvan

Hi

I’ll appreciate your help

If i have 50,000,000 minutes (Fifty millon of Minutes), how many trunks (E0s)will i need?

The Grade of Service request is GOS=1%

Thanks for your help

Alejandro Galvan

Sorry The minutes are Monthly

I’ll appreciate your help

If i have 50,000,000 minutes Monthly (Fifty millon of Minutes), how many trunks (E0s)will i need?

The Grade of Service request is GOS=1%

Thanks for your help

Antonio

Hello,
    How can I convert Capacity measurements from BW, MSU or Octects Count to Erlangs?

yangti

How can we calcualte NDV?

P_D

Hello,
    When calculating the offered traffic using Metrica’s TOFF function, I get a different value than using my VBA code based on offered traffic=carried traffic/(1-B), where B is the blocking probablity based on Erlang-B. Does anybody else have this experience??
    Thanks

Cyredz Sombrea

I want to have a program on calculator base on scientific calculation

Jeff

Does anyone know where I can find the source code for creating my own customized erlang c calculator?

The objects and the properties are no problem, but I can’t figure out the code.

Thanks,

Hi,can someone derive the erlang b formulae for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.