Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang Formula

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    tarana

u can’t convert erlangs to minutes…

AXE dennis, i’m not sure what’s yr problem ?
    u have route citic2c with traffic 3.8 erlangs, forgot what nbids mean (number of ???), congestion=0,
    number of devices in yr route=95, blocked devices=0,average time duration of call=224.4secons, number of b subscribers answering calls =11 (not sure about this, but think this is right interpretation)..

Scot

Hi Tarana,

What is the use CCONG Field ?

How we can use it to determine further EXPANSION ?

Rgds

Scot

Dennis

Hi Scot,

CCONG means no. of congestion in percentage (%) max. is 100%

regards,

Dennis

Zarina

Anboo,

30 calls in one hour with holding time of 5 minutes i.e. 30 people are making call and each are talking for 5 minutes which is absolutely possible. 30 calls in 1 hour does not mean that they can talk only for 60/30 minutes. So the example is absolutely perfect.

Scot

Hi Dennis,

Lets say one of our TRaffic Route is Alwys Reporting 50 % Congestion.
    It has 30 Circuits.

And one of the aother route which has 120 Circuits reports 35 % Congestion.

I have the offer to go for expansion.How we can determine calculate no of ciruits to add with the existing capacity ?

Rgds

Scot

Ragavendra

I want to know about dimensioning of voip network for class 5 services.Is erlang calculation for voip is different from TDM?. Can I use general B table for circuit capacity for voip?

Darren

Hi,
    will the probability of calls being delayed > 0 sec for a trunked radio system be higher or lower compared to erlang c? Is there a difference between GoS and probabilty of delay?

Anboo

Zarina,

Thanks, I relaized it!.

abdulhamid diab

Traffic stuies show that a pbx has 600 Erlangs of usage on its incoming trunks per day.
    Calculate the number of trunks required to support this traffic for each of the following grades of service:
    a) PO.1
    b) PO.01
    c) PO.03

Mike

I’m a newbie here so excuse me if this is obvious. I’ve been asked to calculate Erlang from peg counts and am not familiar with peg counts. Can someone explain and can I just substitute peg counts for lines in the Erlang calculations?

Jason

Mike,

A “peg count” is simply a count of the number of calls that have taken place during the period of time being measured. It is an old term going back to the days of cord boards, and was a term used way back when A.K himself came up with his famous formulas for traffic calculation. You can’t interchange it with the number of lines in traffic calculations.

If you want a good description of traffic theory for non-math people, check out “Telecommunications Mangagement” by James Harry Green. He does a good job of laying it out. He even includes the formulas for the various traffic calculations everyone keeps asking for here. Though if you aren’t into stats, they won’t do you much good.

Neranjan

I would like to know exact calculation for conversion of Erlang values to Call minutes.

Erik

1 erlang = 1 hour of traffic = 60 minutes of call.

As for me, i would be very interested if someone knows a non-recursive formula for calculating capacity from blocking probability and number of circuits. By “non-recursive”, i mean that there would be no “sum”. Only some plain formulas like logarithms or whatever. It is not easy to implement loops in database queries.

Or if it is known that it is impossible to get such a formula, thank you also to let me know.

Scot

Hi Guys,

I have a very critical issue…

My Switch is calculating Trffaic for 24 Hrs as :-

Traffic =

Number of Bids * Holding Time

60 * 60 * 24

Why ?

Rgds

Scot

Scot

Sorry I dint Explained much.
    The traffic calculation is based on Number of Bids & Holding Time.

Why this setup ?

What is the difference between Actual Holding Time & Act. Call Time ?

Rgds

Sunil

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 181 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.