Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang Formula

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Jidine

Hi everybody,

I just want to ask a question and it might be confused. I hope you all did see Oliveira, Suda and Kim paper in IEEE, title ‘Adaptive bandwidth reservation scheme for high speed multimedia wireless networks’. If you all know what it is means by the bandwidth requirement and connection duration follows a geometric distribution. What is the solution for that. I hope you can give me an idea.

Thank you

stanley matinenga

where can i get a free tutorail on traffic system design

John Patrick

Does any know how to speed up the calculation of erlang B. It appears the high the traffic value the slower the routine runs. I am using C/C++. Any help would be appreciated.

Anboo

I feel that the below mentioned example is wrong.. This was given in one of the famous website.

The point is, user makes 30 calls in an hr.. so mean holding time is 2 mins on avg. then how can each call can be held on an avg of 5 min in the below example ? Am I wrong plz clarify ???

For example, if a group of user made 30 calls in one hour, and each call had an average call duration of 5 minutes, then the number of Erlangs this represents is worked out as follows:

Minutes of traffic in the hour = number of calls x duration
    Minutes of traffic in the hour = 30 x 5
    Minutes of traffic in the hour = 150
    Hours of traffic in the hour = 150 / 60
    Hours of traffic in the hour = 2.5
    Traffic figure = 2.5 Erlangs

anboo

Stupid me… I am wrong. Well the resource on the above example has to be considered. Say we have more than one timeslot and the calculation window is for an hr. the above example makes sense.

Any input..

Anboo

Hi David Shapiro !!!

Well, to answer your question.. you are right its the probability of your calls lands busy !! its blocking probability. Well circuits are different from lines. Here trunk line is 31 timeslots. And the next point is on the sample period say an hour, yes it is ur busy hr traffic. I hope now u get the answer .

AASHISH AHUJA

HI M WORKING ON A PROJECT FOR BHARTI.COULD ANYBODY HELP ME WITH ERLANG A.THE ASSUMPTIONS WHICH ERLANG USES LEADS TO ERRORS.HOWEVER WHENEVER WE ACCOUNT FOR REQUEING IN THE FORM OF CALLING AGAIN AND ABANDONMENT RESULTS SHALL DIFFER.
    HOW TO MAKE IT MORE TOWARDS PRECISION.

Dennis

My Co. using AXE switch. I’ve a question about the “Traffic Measurement of Routes results, LSR” on AXE. Even, I read the ALEX, I still don’t understand the calculation about “TRAFF”. I do hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

TRAFFIC MEASUREMENT ON ROUTES RESULTS, LSR
    TRG MP NRP RPL RPN GRN DATE TIME SI NM FCODE
    7 39 96 15 1 1 030704 0000 30 NO

R TRAFF NBIDS CCONG NDV ANBLO MHTIME NBANSW
    CITIC2O 3.8 15 0.0 95 0.0 224.4 11
    IBASISO 0.0 2 0.0 30 0.0 0.0 0
    HCA01O 35.4 772 23.3 47 0.0 53.3 146
    CM01O 0.3 20 0.0 23 1.0 11.6 2
    WCOM02O 10.7 40 0.0 29 0.0 238.4 19
    ADVTELO 0.0 0 0.0 30 0.0 0.0 0
    END

David Shapiro

Thanks Anboo for the information.

John Patrick, not sure what your code looks like. You could just compute all values likely to get used and save them to a database or flat file. Then, all your program would need to do is a query if you use a database. You could use hashing otherwise.

Lee Ann

TRAFF can be defined in the MSC’s as several different measurements based upon the set-up configuration. However, in your case, it appears TRAFF is the erlang counter. Erlang * 60 = Minutes of use. There is plenty of info on the erlang probability in this forum. Feel free to email me if you need more clarification. lejones@tritonpcs.com
    Lee Ann Jones
    Wireless Network Traffic Engineer

Vinod

Hello

Any idea what is meant by derl?

Yumi

Hi….. How can I use the erlang table?

I got to the Erlang number 55 and I want to know how many channels do I need at my central site… I used one calculator available at the internet, but I’d like to understand how it works… I search about it, but I didn’t find what I need..

Could someone give me a brief explanation about it or inform me a site which has it?

Lee Ann

You have to pick a Grade of Service or acceptable level of congstion to derive channels needed (usually 1 to 5% and also known as probibility). I use P.01 (1% GOS) for trunks and P.02 (2% GOS) for wireless voice paths, plus decide on a utilization % to be ahead of the curve (80 to 95% utilization means I take the erlang divide by .8 or .95).

55 erlang,
    at 100% utilization (what you requested) for 2% GOS = 66 voice paths; for 3% GOS = 63; for 4% = 61; for 5% = 60.

Erlang B defined: A probability distribuiton developed by A.K. Erlang to estimate the # of telephone trunks needed to carry a given amount of traffic. Erlang B assumes that, when a call arriving at random finds all trunks busy, it vanishes. Erlang B is used when the traffic is random and there is no queuing.

Lee Ann Jones
    Network Traffic Planning Engineer

Eugene

Hi i’m searching for the source code to programme the erlang B formula using MATLAB. Does anyone have or guide me to some website for me to try out.

Thanks you

Francisco Armando

Dear Sir/Madam,

I work at a telco company.

I would like to know whta’s the formula used to convert erlang into miniutes.

Thanks in advanced

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 181 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.