Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang Formula

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Dj

Hi..

i’m looking for erlang B formula..
    hmm the a formula if B(c.a) and C known..
    thanks

fanrain

hi……….

may i have all the erlang formula which is most widely used in GSM network….

Ron L

can someone tell me use the Poisson formula in “EXCEL” so it calculates greater than 144 trunks for GOS? I am looking for GOS for up to 1944 trunks.

Radhakant Das

Hi! Mohamed

On CAMEL the no. of Octets per MSU is very high.I had experienced an average of 100 Octets/MSU.Based on the no of MSUS TX/RX on Ur link U can find the kbps rate.Which can give U an approximate erlang traffic as SS7 traffic is not the circuit switched traffic& Erlang is for ckt switched traffic

Antony Justine

I am Modeling services in Power line Channel for Data transmission from customer to distribution transformer the are 200customers per feeder, and from Distribution Transformer to Primary substation 20 distribution transformer. I have all cabling sizing and separation which will enable me to calculate bandwith. from your experience which Model can I apply to project the tranffic. and how i can start because the network current does not exist.

Mehmet B.

I have Busy Hour Traffic value in Erl. and I want to calculate the minimum amount of trunks lines that I need.

Would you help me please, what is the formula used to calculate this request?

Radhakant Das

No. of trunks can be calculated from the Erlang B table with a given GOS.

Rosy

Hi

I am currently investigating traffic on telecommunications networks. I would like to know how does one model a loss system with overflow traffic.

Justinian Anatory

Hi Rosy
    Depending on your traffic, Try erlang B formula to investigate the brocking probability in your system

RAhul Raijada

if anyone of u can help me to let me know the detailed description of Erlang A,B & C.

Rosy

I am currently using the Erland-B model. I was wondering how to incorporate the overflow traffic in the model?

Rosy

Hi

I am trying to find the conversion from erlang to minutes. I computed the total erlang on a trunk group and the total minutes measured on that trunk group. The conversion method of 1 erlang = 60*minutes does not apply. Its more like

1 erlang = 0.77*60*minutes

Is the 0.77 an efficiency factor that I need to take into account?

Rommel

Hi Rosy,
    There is no conversion between erlangs and minutes.
    Erlang is defined as the period of time it takes to keep a traffic sensitive facility busy for a period of time. That period of time has to be used througout your formulae.
    The period of time that most folks use is 3600 seconds or 1 hour.
    I really am not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

Regarding your previous posts: Erlang B defines the blocking probablility assuming a random call arrival, lost calls cleared from the system, an infinite number of sources and hold times are exponentially distributed.

This would mean that all blocked calls could go to an overflow trunk group. If you were to model an overflow trunk group, that would look more like a peaked call arrival and you would have to make assumptions about the rest. EART/EARC or Neal-Wilkerson traffic models would apply.

If you were assuming that the trunk group you are creating would have both characteristics of handling a regular call load plus overflow traffic you would have to apply both call models and assume that the erlang B model is the baseline with EART/EARC as the additional trunks needed to handle the overflow.

Mehmet Beyaz

Hi,

I am looking for a POISSON formula in exl sheet. Can you help?

Regards

naveen chauhan

Hi
    Can anyone kindly provide the different parameters used in the calulation of primary and secondary erlang for cdma wireless network.and also the formula through which these parameters can be used.
    please intimate
    With thanx
    Naveen

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.