Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Erlang Formula

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Erik

Hello Tine,

It would be surprising to face a high FER with a RxQual (BER) keeping a good value.

…Unless your problems are not located on the air interface but rather at transmission/synchronisation level …in which case you will probably have a high Drop Call Rate, but then FER is a symptom; not the disease.

I guess you will never have such a case, because some other indicators, more widely used (customer complaints, drop call rate), will point out the problem before you even have a look at the FER.

Earl Lewis

Hi
    I am new in the telecom sector.
    I would really like to learn alot about wirelees telecom (GSM, CDMA …..)
    Does anyone have expieriance with the TEMS investigation software from ericsson?
    One thin i like to know right now is how can u activate the AMR measurment on the TEMS.

thanks.

Jane

I would like to learn about the wireless telecom

Pix

it is best if you learn this the proper way…

http://www.google.com/search?q=wireless+fundamentals

Erik

Jane, though wireless telecoms might sound like a “niche” to many people, the aspects of this domain are broad. The documentation that you need to look for will depend not only on the subject that you are interested in, but also from what you already know. As a general practice in this domain, I recommend that you borrow a book (maybe you have telecom engineers in your environment who can lend one) or buy one… though the price seems high (60-100 euro) at the beginning, but it’s worth!

To me, working on KPIs performance for Radio Access (Air and Abis interface), I find very important some concepts like speech coding (A and Mu laws, or let’s call it logarithmic compression) and source coding (mainly the error-correcting coding which allows to “fix” your frames even if some bit errors occur), even though it’s not needed for my everyday tasks… but it helps a lot to understand better what you will learn or do in the future (if you work in telecoms).

Mittal

hi any one plz can u help to make an program in java to calculate erlang loss.

Ravi

can some one who worked on dimesioning a trunk group – through some light on how one worked ?

Emmanuel

Hi,

i want to convert traffic figures (erlangs) to minutes.

how can i go about this?

Pix

hello emmanuel,

1 erlang represents the usage of one channel during 60 minutes.
    So you just have to divide the number of erlang by the number of channels –> how many minutes per hour each channel was used (in average).

Erik

1 erl = 60 minutes

Pix

actually, i did a stretch.

1 erlang = the duration of the observation period. usually, for BSS elements, it’s one hour.

hari

hi ,
    i would like to know the calculation of total elangs in the ckt and also wants to know hw to operate TEAM instruments.

Tambra

in need to convert 167,415 Erlang to MOU?

can someone tell me how many MOU’s are if i have 167,415 Erlang.

JanekMakowski

I’d like to say hello to all people on this board.

Regards,
    Janek

Pix

Hello Jenk, welcome onboard 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 181 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.