Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RBS/BSC Ericsson

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    coldfire222

hi mohammed,

permanent fault on tx usually caused by defective antenna based on my experience.

have the antenna replaced

cf222

mans

Hello Mohammed,

try to replace dTRU on sector which is faulty

mans

Hello Julius,
    regarding your post about RX diversity and rx path imbalance,well i had a lots of those,my most hated alarm:) and it was always a different problem.For example(my experience):

RX diversity lost- could be CXU(most of time),booster(TMA),or Current injectors(if TMA),incorrect RX Diversity mode defined in the BSC or rbs sw itself.

RX path imbalance- jumpers between antenna and booster,water in jumper connector and antenna,even a loose antenna due to heavy winds

mans

Edit for post below:

There is no easy way to point to faulty equipment,just one way-system of elimination.

Checking in OMT for RX path imbalance while changing hardware which should be at -5~+5.
    Measuring with site master feeders,jumpers and VISUAL! checking of connectors.
    Switching cables between sectors,etc,etc….

Touseef

How we can check VSWR alarm in OMT?
    What value will be shown in OMT when VSWR exceeds from 1.4?

Sisay Nega Tesema

I am Sisay Nega I do Ethiopian Telecomunication Corporation on the position of senior mobile technitian in S/E/R (nazerat).I can do AXE RBS,BSC&MSC
    i have a litel knolage about thies equipment know i live in USA i want develop this knolage and atliset ericsson involve in USA i want to employ your campany you want to aske my buck ground you can comunicat secratly S/E/R ETC ofise in nazerat you can chake it.

bakhtiar

qAXx sdd

Hashim

Hi All, can someone tell me what will be the problem if DRU in Ericsson RBS 2116, 2216 is not carying traffic.

SHELDON

Hashim,

Maybe the TRXs are sleeping(that is, not transmitting). Many Ericsson DRUs in my network currently have this problem.

Temporarily, you can block the offending DRU, but you ultimately have to replace them.

Regards,
    SHELDON

Sisay Nega Tesema

Hi there I am a technical person befor 2 month in Ethiopia on mobile comunication now i live in USA and fare from comunication i want to ritern this job becose i lave the job and technology plise i want to develop AXE knowleg plise advise me.

Hashim

Sheldon,

Thanks for advise. I will replace them

Kitten

It is quite strange, we have the same problem of sleeping cell in RBS 2116 and 2216 in our network.

stefan

In Ericsson Rbs 2216 there is no vswr alarm. If the antenna is damage no alarm will be sent. I have also fault in Dru but no alarm.

Anand Parmar

Can anyone please help if 1B 5 received in CF. what’s the discription for this code.

Anand

The code what you mentioned above code class:1B, fault code :5 seems to be the “BTS from local to Remote while link Lost” what is that means,,,below is the technical description for that:

This fault tells the BSC that the DXU went into remote mode while the link was down. Note: For information only, not a fault.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 153 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.