Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Frequency Hopping System

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Pix

I’d see this trick as being cleaner than 1×1 (>16%) and messier than 1×3 (

Vanderley

Hi Pix,
    Do you think that the same HSN is used for all three sectors in the site?

Wilibrordus Herbowo

Dear sir,

HSN could be same and could be not same, but mostly all sectors are same HSN, the different is MAIO.

MAIO = 1st freq when a call start hopping

Vanderley

Thank you very much

What about the load in that case?

Pix

Finally, the famous Wilibrordus Herbowo 🙂

Vanderley, yes, I would use the same HSN between all sectors but study carefully the MAIO, in order to find the right “pattern” and avoid TS collisions. I didn’t do it though.

Regarding the load, it should be between 16% and 50%… But I’m still curious abous the actual benefit of this 1×3 enhanced.

Question : would you guys recommend SFH on rural sites, in order to maximize coverage ? (sites with almost no neighbors). I’m thinking about the gain induced by “frequency diversity” effect, would that increase the coverage ?

Wilibrordus Herbowo

Hi Pix,

SFH 1×3 Enhanced is OK than SFH 1×1. The occupancy of SFH 1×3 Enh is OK than SFH 1×1. (there are back to back and face to face)

For rural site where no neighbor, it is better to propose non-hopping system rather than hopping system(BBH or SFH).
    And for coverage impact, I think it should be no problem, the coverage will be same (same EIRP)

Correct me if I am wrong.

Nishant

Please explain FACCH call setup.and also why we dont use FACCH always for call setups.If we can do this we can save sd usage

Pix

Wilibrordus Herbowo,

thanks for the answer, i missed it out last time.

the EIRP is identical but there is a theoretical gain induced by “frequency diversity”. By using more frequencies, there is less fading… well, that’s the theory.

any experience on this ?

Nishant,
    this feature is vendor-dependant… i guess the standards defined the call setup on SDCCH, so the vendors had to comply with it. Then they thought about something smarter to do. I don’t know the drawbacks… higher risk of collision ? congestion ?

Sutharsan

In mobile phone, how it shows the number of signal bars. Whether it is using only C1, or some other parameters to calculate the number of signal bars.

pix

sutharsan,

the number of bars only depends on the rxlev (or C1 perhaps ?). that’s all the MS is using.

Ramajayam_cyr

hi any one tell me what is hoping , or hop length

yogesh_rf

hi rama,
    are u asking frequency hopping or u r tlking about hop length(that is in transmission i think)????????? pls mention clearly and if it is frequency hopping u can get that from any optimization person with you.

BR//
    Yogesh_rf

Sutharsan

Pix,
    no i think u are wrong. because i have checked with changing the minimum receving level( which means the C1 value). with that the no of signal bars have been changed.

I suspect not only the c1 decides, but also some other parameters.

Pix

Sutharsan,

Ok, that’s interesting. I’ll do some testings on my own with different phone brands when I have time.
    Have you tried changing the following parameters :
    rxlev access min
    cell reselect offset
    bts max power (or something equivalent, used in the C1/C2 criterion)

Since CRO is only used in C2, by modifying it and looking if it changes the No of bars, we might be able to guess if the phone is using the C2 or C1…

Let us know…
    Regards,

Pix

Regards,
    Pix

R.DINESH

Dear sir,

I want microwave properties and all detail of microwave in mobile communication.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.