Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Frequency Hopping System

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    KayDee

Hi Guys!

I have just joined the Network Engineering department and my new manager asked me to implement Frequency Hopping on our network. I want to know from you guys how I must go about it and between baseband and synthesizer which one is the best. To be honest at this point I don’t even know where to start, I will appriciate you help. thanx

burt

I also want to know about Frequency hopping. I see no one has responded yet. please can you help us guys?

Jason Maryland

Are you referring to wireless networks? Frequency Hopping is a common term for “Spread Spectrum Transmission” There is FHSS – Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum and DSSS – Direct Select Spread Spectrum. These are two techniques for dividing up a frequency and moving around within it to keep others from finding your activity. Those two acronyms can point you to sources. Let me know if you are looking for something different.

KayDee

Thanx for replying jason!
    i’m refering to wireless networks specifacally GSM. what i wanted to know is which one between baseband and synthesizer i should use for our network. and how do i go about implementing it?

hoistler

there are 2 kinds of hopping in wireless GSM. radio frequency hopping ang baseband hopping. baseband hopping refers to the hopping of frequencies on a timeslot of every transceiver within the same sector or BTS. RF hoppng refers to the hopping of frequency on each timeslot of specific transceiver. Each of which has their own advantages and frequencies to follow depending on their MAL list

hamid

Frequency Hopping Reduce interference.Synthesizer frequency Hopping(sfh) is suitible for big cities or where you face with low frequency beam width.it is suitble for configuration higher than 2 Trx per sector.most BTS equipments support BBH but maybe some BTS’s do’nt support SFH.In BSC AND MSC you must have software that support hopping and tune some parameters.
    there is a lot of things that i do’nt know how i describe it for you.
    good luck

Zone

We use Syn hopping for EDGE.

kenneth

Hi Guys,
    I would liek to know the steps in implementing Frequesncy Hopping on a wireless network.

KayDee

Thanks guys!

To zone!
    what equipment are using?.because in our network we using siemens and assign EDGE on BCCH trx wich can not hop with SFH.

To all!
    the other question is if i have cell with two radios BCCH and one TCH is it advisable to hop on this cell?

Zone

To KayDee olso siemens, msc and bsc.

KayDee

Zone!
    explain to me how you are hopping for Edge. because in our network we are using GPRS/EGPRS on BCCH TRX which can not hop when you are using Synthesized frequency hopping, the main reason we are using BCCH is for redundency i.e if a radio serving BCCH TRX goes down the BCCH TRX will automatically be switched to onother radio so will be the gprs/egprs service.
    thanx……

Ajmal

Which type of freq hopping u want to implement depends on how many TRX u have.If you are using RTCs and you have 3-4 TRX then go for BBH if you are not using RTCs and Tight Freq reuse plan is there in your N/w.Then go for SFH.
    Which network you are working.

KayDee

Ajmal!
    what is an RTC?
    and I have already dicided to use SFH throughout the network, since I won’t have to hop on 4 frequencies because I have 4 TRX and it’s very easy to administrate. The other question that I can ask is about Pseodo random. If I make HSN=10 is the a formular that I can use to know the hopping sequence through my Mobile Allocation

Halfofw@yahoo.com

Dear KayDee

BB Hopping: When you need to expansion number of TRX in each cell, it’s easily just define new 1 Frequecy for the new TRX. But, it’s hard to plan the frequency in the city.

Synthesizer Hopping: We use a group of frequencies for 1 cell. Example 1 Group = 10 freq (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19)
    and if a cell has 5 TRX, when we expasion to be 6 TRX. We no need to find the new one frequency. It’s easily for city.

However I think we can use BBH or SHP no matter EDGE or not. Can you give me Simens document about EDGE?
    Halfofw@yahoo.com

rajiv verma

hi
    sir
    i want to notes gsm 900 freq. hopping

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.