Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

call setup delay in GSM

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Miguel

Hello:

Please would somebody help me? I’d like to know the usual time between the moment you press the “send” button and the time you hear the first ring in a GSM network, I read once that this time should be less than 6 secs in a Mobile to fix call and 12 between two mobile phones call, is this correct? I think there should be a difference if it is local or long distance.
    Thanks and regards

sj

typically, it should be

Abdel

hi Miguel
    our telecom nowadays we installed a news mobile network with a very long routing.At our first mobile-mbile call test it was about 23sec and fixedline-mobile 18 sec.
    Really it was very terrible,but fortunately we pushed eventually into superfast call only 2sec for mobile-mobile and 3sec for fixedline-mbile

subok

2sec and 3 Sec….this is impossible

anboo

Even in lab scenario 2 Seconds is impossible unless we skill all the software processing.. signaling etc.,

-anboo.

Ashish

Usually the call set up time varies fom 6-8 secs

boko

We use automated vehicle mounted equipment to measure call setup delay from the subscriber perspective. Our values are 6.5 MOC GSM-ISDN (internal) and 7.8 for MTC (ISDN->GSM).
    It can be longer if you use compression between different MSC

SANJIB

One of the solution is hard reset.
    Just remove the DRUs of particular cell one by one and check after that.
    Reason:- Because the DRUs are running by software and possible that the software may be hang.
    when u remove & re-insert the DRU it will automatically “HARD RESET”. bcoz there is a small pin behind the DRU. So when u re-insert it will automatically hard re-set and start loading software from BSC.
    When u reset from front i.e “SOFT RESET”. The dru will b reset but not the Rx power it is radiating.
    So don’t worry. Just remove & re-insert the DRUs.

Nasser

Is there a tool to measure call setup delay/ post dial delay. If yes please let me know.
    Or if anybody know any other means of measuring this indicator or if you know a formula to calculate this, please let me know if you don’t mind.

Nasser

Is there a tool to measure call setup delay/ post dial delay for the TDM exchanges. If yes please let me know.
    Or if anybody know any other means of measuring this indicator or if you know a formula to calculate this, please let me know if you don’t mind.

raj

hi,

Call setup time is poor(i.e taking more time) in whole BSC. can anyone tell me the possible reasons and possible solutions for that.

rkc

@raj

-call setup delay is being reported through field measurements ie DT ?
    -through switch measurements ?
    -or its customer percieved ..delay being reported by subscribers ?

rkc

Sal Far

Please I need to know the average time period between MAP cancel location Req and response also between MAP insert subsc. Data Req and response

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.