Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

-48 V DC in Telecom Equipment

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    vasanth

why we are using -48v…
    1.pulse
    2.moisture
    3.earthing(lightening effects)

Lalit

Basically many reasons bt first is that noise and intrefrence is min at -ve supply voltage and second is that to protect from lightning

MRG

(i) Positive voltages cause comparatively more corrosion in metal than negative voltages.
    (ii) Negative voltages are safer for human body while doing Telecom activities.
    (iii) Lightning may cause positive voltages in the equipment circuitry. In that case, negative voltages (lack of electrons) neutralize positive charges and prevent excessive heat.
    (iv) Negative voltage is safer for long telephone line for transmitting power trough it.

Abid Hussain Khan

Hi everybody,

Thanks to all for clear my confusion about why telecom equipment use -ev voltage but my question is why it is 48vDC (2*24), why not 50vDC (2*25)??

is there any restriction for DC voltage supply?

BIBHUTI BEHERA

1* In negative voltage due direct current less noise occurs… As a result telecom equipment gives high output..
    2* corrosion less on eqiupment

3* It protect the equipmet fom lightning.

gyan

It is -48 V D.C cause of the commercial battery stack available. Commercial battery stack is available in -12 V, -24 V or – 48 V. For info, actually any telecom equipment or for that matter any sophosticated equipment runs on a range of supply voltages by using their own inbuilt SMPS and it is very difficult to maintain a constant voltage by the power source.

Vasuki soni

Can negative voltages be used in other domains like power systems preferably to protect equipments from lightning and noise as has been identified in above comments..

manzer aquil

why use -48 volt why not -50volt in BTS

sri

the standard lead acid cells or others are of 12vdc. Mulitiples of 12 gives 48V.

swati kumari

Why dc is given to bts ,why not ac?

james

what does pulse and lightening to do with -48v DC?

Tadele Haile

Thank you for your informative answer to my burning question that i heard from interview question.

i hope we will be in touch.

Ramasabarinathan

why in BTS eqiupment use only DC voltage?
    can you please give informations in briefly.

Amir

why we use telecom equipment DC Voltage?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.