Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

which is best switch for GSM?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    vikaswattal

I think Huawei is the best Switch,because it is user friendly with front end as Windows,also we dont need decoders to decode the messgaes,any lay man can gain the knowledge of messges by looking at them

Adel Khader

The operator i am working with tried Lucent, Ericsson and Huawei.

it realized that the best among those is Ericsson. I do not know about others; one frind told me that it is also better than Siemens.

Ashok

NOKIA – is the no 1 amongst all the wireless switches in the world , and in 3G alos it is the best rated brand

Luiz Carlos

I think Nokia GSM is the best system. Very powerfull and easy to operate.I work about 4 years with Nokia System DX200 MSC/MSS/MGW/HLR/BSC and in my Company network not happen one MSC take down.
    The Nokia MSC Server System provides
    key benefits that increase revenue as
    well as decrease costs.

Diwaker

Hi Luiz Carlos,

Can i have your email id to dicuss about MSCi Problem.

My id is diwaker.sharma@flextronicssoftware.com

You can respnd me on about id so we can comunicated such a secure/better way.

– Diwaker.

Haru

For all your kind information, Nokia is yet to demonstrate 3G in India and they dont even have a market share.

alexander

which switch is the best? It depends on what your consider most valuable function!! Chinese vendors like ZTE and Huawei are the best by price, Nokia is the best by reliability and O&M functions, Ericcson and Siemens are pretty good by reliability….
    Alex
    http://www.dx200.biz

Cryptic

I have experience in both Nokia RNC and Huawei RNC platforms.
    Based on this I can say that from configuration perspective Nokia is the most versatile one. You don’t need anything else than a TELNET client to configure it. MML database is embedded in the RNC.
    Nokia MML is much more complex compared to Huawei, because Huawei has simplified commands for main (bulk) parameters like 3G Cell creation etc. Also Nokia uses this for some command groups, but in my opinion Huawei is easier to operate.

Disadvantage on Huawei’s RNC is that it does not use a built-in MML database, so a large MML client application is always needed (commands are built in client, not in server).

On hardware part, there’s less units in Huawei RNC than there is on Nokia RNC. Cabinets are easier to install and much better for maintenance. Only fibers are used for data distribution to the subracks. Subracks are always exact copies of eachother and use very same configurations. Subracks have their own sealed backplane.
    Nokia uses backplane cabling, and I find the (E1) connections on those backplanes particularly dodgy. The Nokia RNC cabinet is much more compact compared to the rather bulky Huawei RNC.

Nokia RNC uses an embedded PC for maintenance purposes, while Huawei uses a master-slave IBM server platform. This is a main advantage because there is allways a complete windows-based workstation you can use in the rack itself. Laptops are basically not needed to commission or integrate the RNC.

Overall, I can’t really tell anything about the reliability figures because since I worked with these equipment neither suffered a major brakedown, but my preferred system would be the Huawei RNC, because it can be operated and configured by a child really. Furthermore, Huawei systems have the very same MML system in use for all their equipment, making it very transparant. Nokia uses GUI’s that are different most of the times and are very, very slow to operate.

No offence to Nokia, but they just make configuration (and therefore maintenance) unnecessary complicated. Also cabinets installation is better in Huawei, even though it’s size is much larger per cabinet.

Madhu

Hi
    Many things come to picture when u say a switch
    I have experience knowlwdge in these switches I cannot comment on others

1)Price wise and maintainence wise:- Huawei
    2)Expansion,capacity wise:- ZTE
    3)Stability wise:- Siemens
    4)Operatinal and NMS wise:-Nokia

Regards
    Madhu

hari

does other operators hav somethin like plex in their switches?

Naren

Guys,

Check the Products from Alvarion.Smaller,larger solution,compact,less expensive………Moree

moon chawla

ericsson and seimens switch is the best as per norms

langer

hi all,

In all comparisons, Nokia is the best(all NE’s compared, msc,bsc,bts,smsc etc.,). The only product of Nokia that is problematic is It’s IN. Rest are best in this world.

Vikram

Hi RS,
    This is in reference to queries raised by you.If you say that you have worked with Ericsson system and it is the worst system, I think your criteria of rating a system is totally wrong.If you have considered following points before rating a system, your reply would have been something else:
    1. Modularity in terms of Hardware and software.
    2. Processor Capacity.
    3. Ease in expansion/upgrade of system.
    4. Very less power consumption.
    5. Very rare hardware faults.
    6. Ease in Hardware fault rectification.
    7. All modules (MSC/BSC/SCP/STP/HLR/RBSC)user same hardware.This reduces spare cost to large extant.
    8. Excellent and timely support round the clock.
    9. All protocols supported.Also very reliable for multivendour environment.
    10. Very less space required.
    11. Timely upgradition of software and hardware.
    12. Prompt revert to all customer queries and fulfillment of their needs.
    13. Easy man machine interface and very easy to run commands.
    14. Fastest available processors are used.If is so modular that we can use processor of other vendours without much difficulty.

and many many more which I cannot write due to shortage of time……

Now about your queries:
    1.Ericsson systems take large and small frequently ( not drink — reload).
    Answer: There is setting in Ericsson system with which you can control software errors and restarts.With this you can even release an error in one or many blocks by using forloop method which is not available in any other system.May be that the setting was not correctly done in your system which resulted in restarts.This type of setting is not available in other systems.

Que: APG nodes are introduced only to trouble the O&M people.
    Ans: There were few problem when this node was introduced but the same has been rectified very soon.This node has been introduced to provide more flexibility to O&M people and to bring mml communication on latest standards as this node is Win NT machine.Also very soon interconnectivity between various nodes with in Ericsson system will be based on TCP/IP instead of Ericsson Properity protocol.The introduction of APG40 was a step towards introduction of the same.If you are still facing problem with APG40, may be that your lan is unstable.

Incase you have any further query, please revert on eilvibi@yahoo.co.in

Vikram

So should I consider that Ericsson switch is the best switch.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.