Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Signaling

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Shelesh

Hi all any good links on CAMEL Phase 3 and 4 architeture.

Ivan

Hello All.
    I need to source code V5.1 signalling protocol.
    Please help me!

hani

Dear All:
    i need to know about SDCCH drop reason. all immagining reason except the Quality(C/I) & congestion.
    Please reply.
    thanks.

Soumendra Panda

i am workink in Ericsson switch,
    can anybody say me what r the signalings are required for a total gsm setup?

neil noguera

hi sameer lo,
    what exaactly do you want to know about softswitch

VK

C7 – Absolute crap from operator side of view. Very good if you are a developer.

Softswitch – A step toward integrating your system & to welcome 3 G in respective circles.

ta

hi
    I need materials ss7 signaling ,and wath difference between ss7 and MF(R2)signaling.
    signaling over ip
    thanks for your sending
    my email phuong196@yahoo.com

Dude

VK…why do you think C7 is crap…any particular reason? Which signalling method do you think is best from an operator perspective? I work for an operator and we use C7 and I haven’t seen anything wrong with it so far…

VK

Dude,

C7 is the best. It is very simple. It is not challenging though! Any one can get to learn about it. If you are devoloping it, then it is a different story!

Dude

That sort of contrasts with your earlier sentiments. From an operator perspective, I agree with your latter statement…C7 is very good. I wouldn’t know from a developer’s perspective since I’m not a developer though I’m considering going into development. Can you give me a pointer to resources that can get me started in developing protocols – C7 in particular?

VK

Dude,

Yes, it is contrasting! That came with a lighter vein. I have been sitting on C7 for quite a long time now.

There is one similarity b/w you & me. I am also looking to get in to development, to be precise – C7.

I am also looking for details on it. Will share the resource if I come across any. But, can any one help us both?

Dude

Hi Soumendra,

It depends on the kind of switch you’re using and the nodes that you are connecting to. For example, if you are using a softswitch you have an option of using M2UA, M3UA or simply TDM based ss7. If you are also connecting to some nodes that also use sigtran then you can also use the above signalling protocols as well to connect to those. In the event that you have an IN system (or a RTBS) then you might need CAMEL as well.

I hope that gives you a rough idea of what to check for.

Krishnan

hello

can anybody tell me about the M2PA?

ABC

Hi All,

Sameer Lo tried to start a genuine topic.

Plz Guys try to stick to this topic

Regards
    ABC

Wallis Dudhnath

Sorry for the late answer.

Lot of points in this thread/post.

Most CSPs – Communication Service Providers – have deployed 4G / IMS for VoLTE and ViLTE Services.

In LTE architecture, core network includes Mobility Management Entity (MME), Serving Gateway (SGW), Packet Data Network Gateway (PGW) and Enhanced NodeB (eNodeB).

3GPP can be used to look at the signalling / protocols. In particular, you can find information using Google and www dot 3gpp dot org.

Key areas to look at: L1, L2, SCTP, IP, S1-AP, X2, etc..

At the time of writing 5G is now being introduced.

Reference Specifications:

3GPP TS 29.281 – GTP
    3GPP TS 36.410 – S1 Layer 1

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.