Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Echo problem on MSC & BSC

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Sanjib

Hi friends,

We are using Nokia Dx-200 switch kat our end, and I’ve also faced the same echo problem but when I been through all the parameters defined at our end, its ok. I would like add this also that this echo problem is with our local BSNL.Though I don’t have any knowledge on BSc and BSS, which is also of Nokia fortunately in our network. Could anybody help me out to solve this.

Rajiv Saini

Hi Nitin,

I think the CIC is not the reason for that. Bocz you can’t connect two ckt’s, if the CIC values at both ends (e.g.,at mobile xchange end & at PSTN xchange). If you do that then the ckt at the other end will go to seal state.

BR//
    Rajiv

rajesh

what will happen if ciephering is not provided by the operator

Naren

Hi rajesh,

Ciphering is implemented as the voice needs to be secure.
    Nothing will happen but the voice over Air can be cloned.
    Also u might Face some Cross-talk issues.

faraj

hi

in our gsm network a cross talk problem has arised after migration to new alcatel bscs connected on our new ericsson ngn mgw the problem is kind of random you call normally and suddenly hear people talking from another call and some times the call is droped.can some one hint to probable causes?

brajesh kumar gupta

what command use to find cic mismatch find in ERICSSON system.

Tushar

I think cross-talk is not a issue related to CICs as one CIC can only be used to transport one 64kbps call.
    and as far i know there will be CIC mismatch only if you configure wrong CIC on one side, on the same channel.

Wallis Dudhnath

Check if you have Echo Canceller in pool with your MSC/VLRs and that it is configured for NEXT / FEXT. Early deployments of GSM has Echo / Crosstalk issues due to unbalanced circuits. This was the case for Wireline to Mobile.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.