Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

interface Abis and Ater

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    OUSMANE

Hello,
    Can I get some information about the Abis and Ater interface ,and wath difference among both

BESTARICO

Hello,
    Please if u can assist me 2,
    Can I get some information about the Abis and Ater interface ,and wath difference among both

Alexander, Russia

Ater – interface between transcoder and BSC (multiplexed)

Abis – interface between BTS and BSC (2 Mb). In one E1 can be situated some Abis interfaces of different BTS. In Nokia 2 TSL is used for 1 TRX. (in other words 128 kb for 1 TRX)

🙂

Brian

How much backbone capacity do I save by using the Ater interface (remote BSC) as opposed to using Abis?

Pix

Hello Brian,
    I’ve got a bad news for you : you have to use both. As explained below, Abis is used to connect BSC to the BTSs and Ater is used to connect BSC to the transcoder.

Pavlo

Alexander,

Abis can be more than 2Mb, and actualy it can use not only E1 but ISDN connection for example, or IP for some vendors

Victor

Hii everybody
    Please explain me how Timing alignment is done on the abis interface in downlink and uplink direction.
    with regards
    Victor

Bhanu Pratap Singh

can any one give me detailed information about ABIS and eter.

Victor

Hii everybody
    Please explain me how Timing alignment is done on the abis interface in downlink and uplink direction.
    with regards
    Victor

Victor

Hii everybody
    i need a trace of trau frames on abis interface….please any body provide me ..i need it very urgently…
    with regards
    Victor

Soumendra Panda

i have 8 E1s in A-interface,
    and 2 E1s in ATER inter face.

can anybody tell me that how to calculate the Route utilisation in both cases(A & ATER),if i have only data of A-interface.

Satyanarayan jagetiya

What is the calculation of ATer route?

ALI GHAURI

what is ater?

Pix

Ater is the physical connection between the BSC and the Transcoder.

kwaku Boadi

Hi Alexander,
    This is how we determine the number of E1s on the Abis interface: Assuming an operator decides to add lets say 5000 subscribers to the network on one particular BSC, then we can say that on the Abis path,each subcriber(i.e. if FR is used)will utilise a bandwidth of 16kbps.This gives a total bandwidth of 80Mbps(16kbps x 5000) for the 5000 subscribers on the Abis interface. To find the total number of E1s that will be needed: 80Mbps/2Mbps=40E1. This 40E1 can be decided by the operator to evenly distribute it amongst the cell sites on that particular BSC. The same calculation is carried out for the other interfaces like Ater,and A.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.