Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

transmission design GSM

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 19 years ago by Arindam.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    weber

hi..

How does transmission design take place? especially using Ericsson’s Minilink equipment? I know that different cell sites are connected to each other then to a BSC. How is this design take place? For example, if there are 3 sites, A, B, and C . Will they all connect directly to BSC each having far end as BSC? …or the link will routed in some way , for example, from A to B then to C, then to BSC. How this design take place? I will highly appreciate if someone explain in detail…also please send me some document for detailed transmission design…my email is fastspm1@hotmail.com

Arindam

Dear Weber,
    In a nutshell both are possible. Connecting A to B, B to C and C to BSC is called a daisy chain config. And connecting A,B and C to BSC by separate links is called star config. The former has a drawback, if the first site connected to the BSC goes down, so does the remaining. Advantage, it is possible for A,B and C to share the same 2MB link and saving 2MB ports at the BSC. Thus A,B and C will require 1 BSC port. On the contrary Star config will eat up more 2MB ports at the BSC end. Thus A,B and C will require 3 ports at the BSC. There is much much more to it. I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.