Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Main Problems in RF Optimization

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    G Kelu

I would like somebody to help in answering this Qs:

What are the most common problems Optimizing GSM (in RF part only) ?

Thanks

Erik

Hi G Kelu,
    First of all, I am not (yet?) optimiser but BSS reporter so there is room for mistake or lack of precision in my answer. As I could judge, the main problems (from most common to most rare) are:
    coverage holes (could also be indoor), neighbour links (you should have enough but not too many), SDCCH congestion (near LAC borders generally), TCH congestion (need capacity extention or activation of some features), interference and/or quality, bad azimuth/tilt.

Other ideas are welcome too. I am also curious :oP

Ishmael Mathinya

Poor call setups, call drops & ho drops.Call setup being a bit difficult to tackle but in a nutshell an Engineer should be able to drill down to the cause of that specific failure e.g. unsuccessful callsetup due to radio link failure, Assfail with revision to old channel & what constituted that, unsuccessfull tch connections due to blocking this also applies to HO related KPI and call drops.A typical example in case of a drop would be e.g was’it a ho drop due to downlink/uplink qual (i.e. which can be due to inteference then you need to visit your freq plan, was’it due to rf loss (expirer of a ms rf timer ) , lack of coverage. In a nutshell coverage holes, inteference if your allocated spectrum is s bit tight, in this regard you call fall to freq hopping if not implemented yet, Congestion & blocking which can be minimized by addition of Carrier units, implementation of congestion relief, directry retry etc, Adios Ishmael

Alexander, Russia

RF Optimization must be implemented in five steps:
    1)Good frequency plan
    2)More percent of DCS BTS
    3) Traffic (capacity) must be in DCS, coverage must be in GSM 🙂
    4)good link balance
    5)good expirenced engeneers in company 🙂

MP

Hi,
    anybod would like to telL me how to reduce the Access Failure in CDMA?

Atif

Hi to all,
    I m new in RF field, currently working for Nortel Networks as Drive test engineer, i want help on RF optimization and Cell Plannning, Could any one help me out.

Regards
    Atif

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.