Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SILENCE problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sakuraba

Hi all!!
    We have problem with silence MMC calls (Siemens BSC and MSC). When subscriber make a call the other side is having ring, and then is a silence, after his answer. After that, on the next attempt call is usually successful.
    Is there way to find a solutions on some measurements for this?
    Or is there any idea to solve this problem….

Please help.

Mohsin Ismail

hi sakuraba

Usually when it happen, it was related to A interface trunk (between TRAU and MSC). one of or may be more of your trunk is in not good quality. So when a call sieze that trunk it recieve that problem. Here i’m suggest that, you check the trunk quality, for example every MSC have one command to check the PCM quality or via the trunk traffic analysis, or make a test call per trunk basis..

hope it can give as a guide for you.

Mikhail

If the trunk is newly added, the possible reason can be inconsistent CIC between MSC-BSC. I already met such problems

sakuraba

Thanks for your help!!

But the problem is solved after restart some defective TRAU units.

Best regards!

ASAD MAHMOOD KHAN

Hi u all,
    If this types of problem persists long then we may guess for CIC mismatch so as it was clear that second attemt it was ok so definetly prob was not with CIC

Rgds
    asad

Dariush

Hi,dear sakuraba

I faced with same problem and there were not any Cic mismatching then i found out this problem occour becuase of TRAC(obviously,the tracs sometime need test and restart becuase of software damage in it) in transcode after testing Trau(Trac)or restart on trau it was solved.

Yours,
    Dariush

Ashish Goel

Hi,

u can also run a performance test on the trau and check whether it fails or not. Failure means there can a problem in the TRAU.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.