Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Sdcch drop only in paticular TRx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vijay

hi,
    I have problem in my network that when calls land on Paticular TRx with Sdcch configured in that TRx calls are not being initiated in that TRx. then we changed the Trx then the sdcch drop issue is still there.what may be reason and how can i rectify it

Arindam

Hi Vijay,
    Apparently you have more than 2 TRXs. I assume that you have SDCCH in the BCCH Trx.

It could well be a poorly planned BCCH.

You could try out shifting the SDCCH to a TCH Trx. If that works , you can conclude that the BCCH should be changed.

Regards

Mohammad Yasin

Hi Vijay
    I will suggest you to start fron Basics and see if there is any alarm on the Site and if there is than go for its cause. sometimes it is only a minute mistake at one end .see if the time slots for the TCH are rightly defined and if yes than harware problem can be in duplexer also not only in TRX.

HO Faliure(due to ciphering)

Hi

plz tell me in HO FALIURE , how much ciphering factor is PLAY the role.
    Regards
    Rajendera

vijay

I found no alram, even we changed the TRx, Still the problem is there. the drop reasons is due to others. while doing the drive test we found only assignment failure.

Mohammad Yasin

Hi Vijay
    DO TELL ME THE REASON WHEN YOU GOT THE PROBLEM SOLVED.

Eric Br

In the Nortel systems, a parameter called nbOfBlocksFor AccessGrant needs to be correctly configured according to having a CBCH combined with the SDCCH, uncombined, or none at all. Have you checked this?

Muzi

You can try some minor diagnosis also i.e.:- get your field tech to check if there is nothing intefering with your TRX in the rack itself.
    …may be this will help you
    1. your current TRX slot might need to be changed…firstly test your TRX on another spare slot if there is, that will tell you if your TRX is ok or not.
    2. if there is a dummy cover next to this affected TRX,take that dummy cover out and then lock on that TRX and try to make calls.

Meden

Dear, Vijay
    I wish to know how many TRX you have in that sector and the type of SD configuration.
    And if there is any other indicator gives alarm.
    and thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.