Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How to Improve ASR ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Riyadh

Please let me know
    1) if there has been a study to improve ASR
    2) what are the possible background causes of Low ASR
    3) has there been an attempt to model the Final Network ASR ?

Please let me know any information on the above points and related areas.

Thanks in advance

Riyadh.

Albino

1. Find Carriers with
    International ASR>60%
    Domestic ASR>80%
    2. Use REL Cause to reroute traffic
    3. Use more than on carrier for specific destination

Scot

Just analyse the ASR and report it to your counter part in international network and ask them to analyse.

50 % Problems at carrier level.
    50 % Routing Problem a your Level.

Rgds

switch

Hi albino what do you mean use rel cause to reroute traffic can you do automatic reroute when you see a specific reroute.

regards,

SJP

We are conducting a study to improve ASR and model it. The final network ASR will obviously be close to the multiplication of individual link ASR. Low ASR can be either due to subscriber issues or due to Network issues.

martyss7wiz

ASR are good indications, but if you break them down into further descriptive elements such as Call Completion ratios, Call abandon, do not answers, no route, etc… this will point you in other directions either internal to the switch (looping) or external interconnection.

We have a SS7/VOIP probe that not only generates SS7/VOIP based collelated CDRs but also Mou report, call disposition studies, OPC/DPC reports,etc….
    for further information please email me at martyss7wiz@yahoo.com

ALI SIDICK

Please let me know
    2) what are the possible background causes of Low ASR
    3) has there been an attempt to model the Final Network ASR ?

Please let me know any information on the above points and related areas.

Thanks in advance

SIDICK
    FROM CHAD

SJP

There has been few studies as part of Six SIgma projects to improve ASR.. I am sure there would be similar studies to imrpove ASR in many organisations.

But I am interested in knowing if there has been any study to findout the linkage between ASR and the paid minutes or call volume to a particular destination.

2. There are many reasons…. Just take a trace on a particular destination for an hour or so… You can capture more than 50% of possible reasons.

3. We have just started the modeling of ASR…

Scot

Hi Sjp,

What is your usual procedure when you get CONGESTION for a particular destination ?

Rgds

sjp

Hi Scot,

Whenever there’s congestion we reroute traffic and pursue with the Carrier for augmentation/rerouting of traffic from us at their end.

Mohsin Ismail

My suggestion

Activate the VMS by default, so when subscriber cancel the VMS, the subscriber will automatically forward to VMS, This is because when A call B, B with Busy, no reply(answer) or not reach will answer buy a voice mail, then B ofcoz will try to call the VMS centre to retrive the VMS.. so Interms of ASR, it will increase the ASR %.

Imran

Can any body suggest me ASR improvement strategies to be adopted.

Marlon

ASR is usually determined by two factors as what have been said by others on this forum.

Improving ASR, if ur SWITCH is showing ASR in terms of completion ratio, number of lost calls, or number of blocked calls then there is a switch problem, either your switched were not able to route traffic to its destination or interconnection congestion.

if ur subscriber werent able to finish its calls due to availablity of the network, either receives busy tones or other error tones, then you have to take a look on the performance of your switch in terms of traffic handling.

Sameer

Let me again refresh this topic..
    As ASR is the main KPI of any N/W.
    I found mostly Overflows in TGs,Subscriber behaviour,Routing probs are main factors for ASR.But then also are any other factors….?????

Rakesh

Sahi Samay kaa Intejaar karo aur dhairya se kaam lo….!!! ASR will automatically imrove….!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.