Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

sccp protocol classes :?????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    RAKESH

As we know that SCCP was devised in addition to MTP layers for Non Circuit- related Signalling . However within SCCP again we talk of Protocol Classes .
    Class 0 & 1 are for Connectionless
    Class 2 & 3 are for connection -oriented SCCP messages .

What exactly is the difference between Connectionless (Claas 0 & 1) and Connection Oriented (Class 2 & 3) within a ” Non Circuit -Related ” SCCP layer .

Also can somebody give some exact example of a SCCP Connectinless & SCCP Connection oriented Siganlling cases

Hercules

the map use the cl service and the bssap use the Co service.

in the so service, first make the signalling setup procudure, the transfer the signalling and then released it.

here are the message in CO
    CR
    CC
    CREF
    RLSD
    RLC
    DT1
    DT2
    AK
    IT

NewGuy

What is the use of “AK ” & “IT” Messages ?

Rgds

Rakesh

I still would like some clatrity as to what sort of “connection” gets made in Connection Oriented SCCP .

S.Vijay

SCCP CO – BSSAP Messahges

SCCP CL – MAP Messages

Rgds

Rakesh

What are the messages in the CO BSSAP .Pls clear

EROX

The helpful informations:

With CO services the signaling point code of the receiver is determined by means of the DPC in the Routing Label, and the receiver distributes messages internally according to the local reference. No further addresses occur in the DT1, RLSD, and RLC….just the CR contains a receiver adress. Therefore, CO services can be used only if the MTP is able to determine the message destination from the DPC.
    With GSM, CO SCCP services occur at A-interface (BSS-SSS).

Best regards!

Rakesh

I am still having one pesristent doubt. When we talk of the0 SCCP Connection oriented protocol and talk of the BSSAP messages these BSSAP messages are exchanged between what entities ? Please do claer as the SCCP Connection Oriented is really very confusing to me. Why do we need this SCCP CO protcol?? when we have the MTP routing for Circuit related sigannling & the SCCP CL for the non-circuit related signalling then where does the SCCP CO fit in between ? Somebody please

Scot

Hi Rakesh,

Good question.

Some inputs for you.

BSSAP used between MSC and BSC.

BSSAP is not only for Circuit also covers non circuit related things like LU/SMS.

I am aslo looking forward to hear clear explaination for your doubts.

Rgds

j.hunter

Don’t the BASSAP’s assist with MSC to Mobile DTAP messaging? How do the BSSAP’s relate to the associated TCAP-MAP messaging? Do they provide ISUP support?

Ashish Goel

Hi Rakesh,

After some discussions wit my riends on ur q/s i have come to know that the SCCP connection oriented services are used for more more reliable connctions i.e. where high reliability is required such as LU etc. The CL services are use where not high reliability is required.

Scot

Hi Ashish,

As you explained CO is providing High Relaibility and as welas POINT TO POINT with simple routing so speedier and communication happens between known destinations so no need for finding the destination.

Idle situation for MSC-BSC Communication.

Rgds

Nitin

What is the difference between DT1 and DT2..

Herman Syukur

Dear All,

Any one have basic knowledge about sccp, can you help me to understand that.
    thankyou

Best regard

Herman Syukur

chandrachud

can any one give me information on various ss7 protocols?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.