Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Block MTV in AXE

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Hercules

can you tell us why you want to get to know it?

Misa

Hi Hercules,

I just interested some information. As far as I know, the MTV block for R9.1 is differ than R8.1. Do you have any information about MTV block for R9.1?

Misa

S V G Reddy

I just want to know what is
    * Explicit IMSI detach.
    * Implicit IMSI detach.
    * Loiterimg Time.
    * Periodic location timer.

Regards

S V G Reddy

Chennai.

Misa

Hi Reddy,

Here is some brief information for you:

1. Explicit IMSI detach: the MS informs the network that it will leave the network (turn off by the power button), so the network knows the status of the MS is detached. The detached flag for this subscriber will be set in the VLR. When there is an MTC, the network will immediately informs the calling party that “The subscriber you have called is not available” without any paging procedure.

2. Implicit IMSI detach: the MS leave the network without any confirmation (for example due to lost of radio coverage, empty battery…), so the network does not know the current status of the MS. When there is an MTC, the network try to perform paging the MS within the predefined timer. When this timer expired, the network will inform the calling party that the called subscriber cannot be reached.

3. Loiterimg Time: ???

4. Periodic location timer: to prevent the lost of radio resource for paging procedure in case the MS is detached but the network does not know its status, the is the timer called “Periodic location timer” (this is T3212 timer in the ETSI spec). In the idle status, the MS has to perform the periodic location updating when the T3212 timer expired, and the network also monitors this event. If the T3212 expires but the MS does not perform the periodic location updating procedure, the network will treat that it is detached, and then doesnot perform any paging procedure when there is an MTC.

Sorry for my bad english.

hercules

O=DETACHED
    1=ATTACHED
    2=IMPLICIT DETACH

idle=0,
    connected=1,
    temp connected=2

hi mia that is material your need! mind tell me which operator you come from?

Abhilash BM

Hi All,

I am working in
    AXE 810 APZ 212/33 System.
    ( for wireless system )

Is there any command to put trace on a “specific number” similar to DCSSI in AXE 10 Wirelne switches.

Also in Wireless where the charging related information is stored ( which software block & Hardware Board )
    before taking to APG40 for converting to raw CDR Data

Scot

Hi Abhilash,

Are you with CDMA/GSM ?

Rgds

Abhilash BM

hi Scott/all,

I am working in CDMA Systems.. working in
    AXE 810 APZ 212/33 System.

Is there any command to put trace on a “specific number” similar to DCSSI in AXE 10 Wirelne switches.

Also in Wireless where the charging related information is stored ( which software block & Hardware Board )
    before taking to APG40 for converting to raw CDR Data

if anyone knows pls let me know

TranChau

Hello All;
    I am beginer in Plexview. I do not know how to set the value of p1cp in print var command?

In command : print var block [p1cp[-[p2cp]]:] vancp
    [(i1[-[i2]])][/vln]
    Example :
    print var hsd 139.
    It appears error, but I can not correct.

Thank you very much!

Sumeet Gupta

Hi all,

I have some doubts regarding the values of timer T3212. if the value of timer T3212 broad casted is zero, the specs says to treat it as infinite and never perform periodic Location update. but suppose that we have not currently updated our current new location to the network and we tried 4 times the LUP and the network rejected with congestion or N/W failure and the value of the timer is also zero then how will the mobile be able to respond to paging. Will the mobile never update the location further after 4 rejects if the location area or plmn also doesn’t changes. please let me know about your opinions .

pix

yes, after a while, the IMSI will be detached from the network (implicit detach), by the HLR or the MSC itself, if there is no activity from the MS.

T3212=0 is something very dangerous, and I don’t see any reason to put such a value.

You’re right, a MS which is detached cannot be paged.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.