Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Power Calibration In CDMA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sachin Aneja

Dear All,

I want to know that when we do power calibration in CDMA (Modcell 3.0) and we press the up/down button on CBR card to adjust the value of 36.47 dBm.
    Is this value is positive or negative ?

Also when we press up button the value goes up what does it mean. Is it mean that power is increased or attenuation in CBR is increased, but power is decreased & vice versa.

Regards

Sachin Aneja
    E-Mail : sachinaneja@yahoo.com

JW

Pressing the ‘up’ button increases the output by .1dB. Pressing the ‘down’ button decreases output by .1dB.

When doing a cfr session, you want to maximize the power output through all of the cellsite elements @42dBm. Throttling power back takes place in translations.

You didn’t mention using a SpecAn and you also said that you weren’t sure about the power going up or down when pressing the buttons on the CBR. I hope you are not simply excecuting a ft to measure the PL level. Those measurements are useless if the output power isn’t measured properly from the antenna port.

amberish

Hi JW,

Kn u make me understand that in GSM & CDMA ,power budget calcaulation is same or different?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.