Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Answer to Seizure Ratio (ASR)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sugata Adhikari

Hi

Answer to Seizure Ratio (ASR)is an important Quality of Service Parameter that indicates Customer satisfaction and at the same time probably it also indicates revenue earing potential.

Please let me know
    1) if there has been a study to improve ASR
    2) what are the possible background causes of Low ASR
    3) has there been an attempt to model the Final Network ASR ?

Please let me know any information on the above points and related areas.

Thanks in advance

Sugata Adhikari
    India
    Calcutta

Riyadh

Please let me know
    1) if there has been a study to improve ASR
    2) what are the possible background causes of Low ASR
    3) has there been an attempt to model the Final Network ASR ?

Please let me know any information on the above points and related areas.

Thanks in advance

Riyadh.

kokossaï Richard

I would like to know how to improve network ASR? Someone can help me? Thanks in advance

Dodies

ASR is mostly subscriber behavior. Even that we can increase time MTC ringing from core side.

Nagendra

Hi all,
    Please give the comments/suggestions for HOW to improve ASR??

abhishek bhardwaj

It depends upon customer behavior of the area.

Abhisek Kumar Sinha

Hi all,
    ASR is defined as answer to seizure ratio i.e its a ratio of number of calls answered to number of calls seized by the exchange.
    ofew points that can be done to improve ASR of your network
    1)number of blocked circuit or rather down circuit with your opposite operator need to monitor on regular basis so that maximum channel can be utilized for voice.
    2)if your CGR(circuit group) utilization is greater than 80% then you need to bring that utilization down by augmentation of CKTS.because after 80-90% maximum calls gets failed during busy hour.

Regards,
    Abhisek

kuldeep rathaur

You can improve ASR

1. Check the Release cause codes in the switch by taking traces.
    2. All cause codes are to be worked except no answer, busy subscriber, not reachable.
    3. Opened circuits in one exchange but blocked at other end.
    4. Interworking problem.
    5. Resource unavailable.
    6. circuits not available.

Mohit

Hi Sugata,
    The 1st and 3rd question in your above post I am right now unable to answer but will surely answer once I receive any information about It. Also would appreciate if you can post your findings here.

For your second question aside to the ways of resolving and reasons of low ASR mentioned by my friends I have few more inputs for your reference:-

A. please check the routing at both near and far end if it is another operator please send the traces of call failures for resolving the routing issues. Some times accidentally the other operator opens a wrong code towards your switch which impatcs your incoming and outgoing ASR due to repetitive attempts by the calling operator.

B. check for possible Electrical E1s or Voice quality issue creating E1s because the ASRs is hit incase the calling party hears a weird tone in place of CRBT and he drops the call.

C. The customers who are making mostly missed calls should be promoted to make outgoing calls in synch with your marketing team.

D. Check the Signalling report and see if a particular Signaling link is zero utilized because this signaling link makes your call unsuccessful if it is fluctuauting and hence reduction in ASR.

E. Check for your connectivity between BSC and MSC may be a possiblity that the Voice quality and the E1 Cross connection issue is lying at a BSC route and hence reducing your overall ASR. This issue I identified after beating every bush in my network. 🙂

These are the few wierdest possiblities i observed while resolving low ASR concerns.

Tele-Columnist@

shakila

Can ASR deviate drastically during 24 hours. For an example during busy hour 40% and non busy hour 20% (In fact this is inversely).

als

Normaly ASR SR shoud be great in a non busy hour . In your case i think you have a problem in your network . check your SL and then your SLC occupation

shukur

HOW The connectivity from MGW to MPBN ROUTER OR SWITCH ?

SULEMAN KHAN

HEY CAN SOME ONE TELL ME HOW TO IMPROVE ASR…..

Wallis Dudhnath

Overall, you will need to look at your Network Performance and check whether you have a high degree of congestion. If you have several BHCA periods you may need to look at Load Control features, e.g. Call Gapping, SCCP Congestion Control, etc..

For Telephony if the signalling cannot assign resources then the initiated call will be rejected.

Check the feedback from your OSS / IT systems.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.