Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Data Calls in CDMA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mohammed Rehan

HI friends,

This is Rehan from India …I Need some information about the call flow in CDMA network in case of Data Calls…Connectivity to PDSN,MSC,PCf ..Signalling details between these nodes .
    I would be thankful if any of you provide me an overview on this

Bye
    Rehan

George

The PCF, Packet Control Function, provides RLP, (Radio Link Protocol) termination from the Data Capable Mobiles. In turn, the PCF sets up a R-P tunnel, (Radio-Packet) to the PDSN(Packet Data Serving Node) for A10/A11 traffic. Typically, the PCFs would have a PDSN file to which the mobile can hash to. The PDSNs authenticate the mobile via a AAA server that has profiles set for each mobile(includes the MIN/ESN of the mobile). The PDSN needs to be provisioned with the IP address of the PCFs..

The MSC(SM/PSU) handles all RLP traffic from the cell from which the call originates in the form of F.Relay SVCs to the PCFs(Sun Servers with T1 interface cards).

This was an overview & hope it helps.

Rehan

Thanks Gerorge for the Information …IN 3G 1X System the bandwith allocation is Dyanmaic …can u give an Idea how the bandwith distribution takes place ..and the concept of Simple and Mobile IP ..

Thanks in Advance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.