Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Regarding Announcements in MSC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Akshay

Hi Guys

I am New to this telecom field. Can u please help me out in explaining how the announcements like “NETWORK BUSY”,”OUT OF COVERAGE AREA”,”SWITCHED OFF”,”SUBSCRIBERS NOT REACHABLE” announcements are coming

it will be of great help if u guys elaborate it more technically

Misa

I think the announcement is different from operator to operator. And you should give us more details in what case the announcements are coming. For example, if you make a outgoing call (MOC) and you get the announcement “SUBSCRIBERS NOT REACHABLE” => MS may be in implicit detached status. If “SWITCHED OFF” => MS in explicit detached status. Other announcements (“NETWORK BUSY”,”OUT OF COVERAGE AREA”) in what circumstance?

akshay

Assume this situation. I am in Bangalore and if I am calling to a person in New Delhi and if I get the below mentioned announcements like “NETWORK BUSY”, “OUT OF COVERAGE AREA” Also please explain what is implicit detached status and explicit detached status.

Misa

In order to know exactly what happens with these announcements, we should know what system u are using. Generally, 1 announcement will represent for 1 or some errors in the system. In most case, “NETWORK BUSY” => there is not enough resource (such as TCH, SDCCH) for the calling subscriber to make a call; “OUT OF COVERAGE AREA” => the called subscriber is out of service (may be turned off or out of coverage area).

implicit detached = subscriber is out of service due to lost of radio signal or empty battery
    explicit detached = subscriber turn off by power button on the phone.

Rgds

Neeta

Hi all,
    I have a querry reagrding the logical channel used for the anouncements like “NETWORK BUSY”,”OUT OF COVERAGE AREA”.

Please help me to get th answer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.