Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Fax Transmission Over GSM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vuyof Ngwo

Hi all,
    I have a prb.I am supplying Ericsson Fixed Cellular Terminals to GSM end users to use for their Voice/Fax/Data transmission so as to better exploit the services offered to them by their operators.But this terminals are not compatible with almost allfaxes in the market.What can be the cause of all this.A fixed Cellular Terminal is a gateway to GSM.With your SIM inserted inside it,you can connect a telephone handset,a fax and a PC and communicate usind the services in your SIM ie GSM fax and PC fax and voice call.
    Please I would like to have your contributions on why the fax transmission is a problem over GSM.
    Regards
    Vuyof

S.Vijay

It is not possible to use your Oridinary FAX Machine to this…You have to use specific SW Application to Process FAX and DATA.

For FAX and DATA…The modem is applied at SWITCH/MSC..Not in your end.

Rgds

Vuyof

Hi Vijay,
    What do u mean by u can not use ur ordinary fax?And what is this specific SW suppose to be?

Considering that the FAX and DATA is already enabled at the SWITCH/MSC what is the next step then to be able to send fax using your traditional fax machines used for PSTN at the end users side?

Remember that the Fixed Cellular terminal is already a gateway, u can read this site (http://www.ericsson.com/products/main/F250m_hpprod.shtml) to have a clear view of a fixed cellular terminal (FCT)
    I look forward to ur response

Vuyof Ngwo

ATTN VIJAY:I look forward to your reply to my question please;

Thanks

Vuyof

visu

Can we use FAX facility in GSM network

S.Vijay

Visu….are you working in telecom ?

GSM-Has FAX+DAT from 2.4 Kbps to 9.6 Kbps.

With GPRS-400 Kbps ???

With HSCSD(Not now) – 48 Kbps..

Rgds

Vuyof

Please Vijay,I look forward to getting your reply.

Thank!!!

S.Vijay

Hi Vuyof,

Sorry for very late.

The ERICSSON link is not working for me.

Check the supplier about the FAX Models you are trying to use.
    I have heard the same problem with other guys.They found it was due to some SW misamatch in that FIXED Terminals.

At the end they gone for PC Based FAX Applications after getting tired with these products.

But they told me that there is a solution by UPGRADING/Changing the SW.

Rgds

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.