Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GSM peak power

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Palani

If my base station output power is 40dbm per carrier, what is the PEAK power if I have got 4 carriers?

waleed

its the same,more carriers mean more timeslots so more subscribers can be serviced from this site the power output of transceiver is the same can’t be greator if more if you add cariers,as every transceiver use 3slots from this carrier or less according to pcm topology used in pcm configuration

Palani

Let me better describe the scenerio again. The base station output will actually go into a combiner. So if my BTS spec is 40dbm/carrier, & if I got 4 carriers in the BTS, then what should be the peak power handling capability of the combiner to avoid damage?

waleed

the combiner is designed to receive and combine the total input power provided to it and no damage will occure at all..

Vuyof

Hi Palani,
    I will like you to know that a combiner combines the various Transmit signals to one output(Antenna) to reduce cost of many antennas for each Transmit signal.As is the case with Ericsson Combiners known as CDUs,this conbiners also distribute the receive signals from the mobiles to the various Tranceivers in the BTS.
    Combiners are of different kinds,ones that can support only one two carriers and ones that can suppot 4 or more carrier.
    This is just to let you know that each carrier will still maintain its output power though combinedBut at the output of the Antenna,The EIRP will be the sum of the 4 carriers which means 7 x 4 user can now call from that sector or cell site.

Palani

Hello all, I have to clarify again. What I am concerned here is not the number of users, but the power that is fed into the combiner before blowing it. Yes, like what waleed said, the combiner is supposed to receive and transmit without damage. But there will be a max power input per port of the combiner, e.g 100W, etc. So we must know what is the PEAK power that the BTS will transmit.

Vuyof

Hi all,
    I think the max Power the combiner should take is no problem.First you must know the Power rating (watts)of each carrier say 20watts=43dBm.Depending on the number of carriers you want to combine,you simply do the summation of the wattage power of the various carriers.Say 4 carriers of 20watts each then the sum will be 80watts.Give a Tolerance of +5% then your selction for a four carrier conbiner should range from 85 to 90 watts.
    I think this clarifies you Palani.If you still have some queries do not hesitate to indicate ASAP.

BR
    Vuyof

Vuyof

Hi all,
    I think the max Power the combiner should take is no problem.First you must know the Power rating (watts)of each carrier say 20watts=43dBm.Depending on the number of carriers you want to combine,you simply do the summation of the wattage power of the various carriers.Say 4 carriers of 20watts each then the sum will be 80watts.Give a Tolerance of +5% then your selction for a four carrier conbiner should range from 85 to 90 watts.
    I think this clarifies you Palani.If you still have some queries do not hesitate to indicate ASAP.

BR
    Vuyof

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.