Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GSM calling capacity

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Palani

Scenerio:
    1 GSM carrier at site A. Since GSM has 7 TCH, I can only have max 7 persons making simultaneous calls. Does this assume that these 7 people are calling people OUTSIDE of the site A??? What if they are actually calling people WITHIN the site A??? How many simultaneous calls can be made???

Misa

No problem if these 7 people are calling outside or inside of the side A. The max number of simultaneous calls is still 7. You can imagine that 1 TCH = 1 PSTN line (fixed tetephone line).
    Rgds

Palani

But if these 7 people are calling within the site A, they are sharing the same resources. So impossible for them to call at the same time, right???

Let’s say Person1 use TS1, Person2 use TS2, so on. Assuming, Person1 call Person2, Person3-Person4, Person5-Person6, Person7 can only call outside site A. True?

Misa

Ofcourse, Palani!!!

Oh no, however Person7 still make a call to (or receive a call from) PersonX (X = 1 to 6), if PersonX uses call wait/call hold subscription.

This way, Person7 can make a call inside of the site A.

Misa

Palani

What I am driving at is the no. of unique group calls available at site A with only 1 GSM carrier. Is below true?

Scenerio 1: 7 people are calling people OUTSIDE of the site A, then there will be 7 unique group calls (between 2 people).

Scenerio 2: 7 people are calling people all INSIDE of the site A, then there will only be 3 unique group calls, plus the last person either to be put on hold or call OUTSIDE site A.

Misa

Scenerio 1 is true

Scenerio 2 also is true, except the last call may be on hold or may be NOT on hold (in case if they are using the call conference service)

Palani

In this case, is there any difference when we calculate the traffic erlang for scenerio 1 & 2?
    Does the Erlang C traffic table assume unique calls? Should we use different GOS value for scenerio 1 & 2, since the chance of blocking is obviously higher in scenerio 2?

Misa

I dont see any difference in traffic dimensioning for scenerio 1 & 2. And the Erlang B table should be used, not Erlang C. The GOS also the same for both case. I dont think the chance of blocking in scenerio 2 is higher!!! Because in both scenerio, the call will be connected at the remote MSC side, NOT at the local side.

Palani

why erlang B, and not erlang C?

Misa

Because this is blocked traffic model, NOT queued traffic model.

Rgds

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.