Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BTS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    Pix

Hi Supe,

A BTS is a telecom equipment that allows to send and receive data between mobile stations / antennas, and communicate with the BSC.

CDMA is a telecom protocol, and as such, it is comparable to GSM or GPRS. (however those protocols are different in the way they work or regarding what they offer)

IMO, you should buy a book talking about telecoms fundamentals, because you’re starting from scratch here…

JeT

hi,

just want to know when will CDMA technology be dependent on E-1 availability knowing that a BTS is connected to a BSC via E-1 connection?

Thanks

Bo Truong

Gents,

Can anyone give me some Info. about UMTS courses in Dallas, TX or elsewhere in US. I’d like to educate myself about UMTS. Thanks.

rathinavel muthukumar

i want 2 know ericsson bts,motorola bts&gsm douments!anybody having this doum!pls send me on mail!ths!

Hermeson

hi everyone!!!
    Can anyone help me on how to design a “BTS radio network design”.. i have already made a “microwave communication design”, all the computations for this design was already made… now that i am task to design a BTS network design, I can’t still figure out if it has the same computations with that in microwave, (e.g height of antenna, fresnel zones, azimuthal calculation and other terms needed for establishing cellsite tower).. I hope someone could really inform me regarding what should i do to successfully establish a BTS radio network design.. thanks in advance for your help>> God Bless!!

Lijo Johny

How does a CDMA base station works. does cdma uses E1.

Behzad

Hi Hermeson

Do you mean cell planning or access network planning( i.e.,the network for connecting BTSs to BSC)? Access network planning is exactly the same as microwave planning,as far as you use p-p radio.

G

Hi,how to find foult location from omc-r for diagnose_devise
    vswr_test or rf_loopbeack?

Ali Gul Solangi

Hi,
    I want to learn to about vedio board casting equipment via satellie ( Tv channel up linking)
    1, MPEG Encoders
    2, Configration
    3, Installatiion
    4, modulators, up converter,SSPA,
    and anteena installtion
    Regard
    ali gul

Prakash

Hi,

I would like to know what is maximum temperature where Nokia bts can work with out AC in a shelter.

Is-haka

hi i would like to know the procedure on installing IDU &ODU of BTS

Ashveer

Hi!

I would just like to know about the DUAMCO. The insertion losses according to the siemens overview is 5.7 for the 4:2. Does this mean that tehre is a 5.7 loss per antenna output or is it safe to divide that insertion loss by 2 to get the loss per antenna output

Vijay

Suppose there is one RF carrier equipped in a BTS. Using combined mode i.e., TSO carrying BCCH+CCCH+SDCCH/4 and remaining are 7 TCHs.Then please clarify me how many simultaneous calls can be made with just 4 SDCCHs available?

Suppose if half-rate isimplemented in the same carrier, then how many simultaneous calls can be madewith again the same 4 SDCCHs available?

Please,anyone, clarify me …

yogesh_rf

hi vijay,
    will you please explain what type of problem is coming to you in detail,SDCCH is just for SMS,LAC UPDATE,call initiation etc.

BR//
    yogesh_rf

Pix

vijay,

sdcch are use for the call setup, a SDCCH is released as soon as the call is put on the TCH channel.

So in your case :
    Full rate, 1 TRX (7 TCH, 1 C-BCCH) can carry 7 calls at once

Half rate, 1 TRX (7 TCH, 1 C-BCCH) can carry 14 calls at once.

Keep in mind that you should rather use the theoretical capacity of the cell (erlang B law) when computing the voice traffic a given cell can carry.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 469 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.