Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BTS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 469 total)
  • Author
    K.Rajandran

Hi There!

Can anyone tell me the difference in linking a VSAT and Microwave?
    Thank you. Rajan

Uday R

for Lijo Johny – 11 Dec 2005

hi,

Like our body backbone, its function is to support network (it is basically a Microwave(PDH), SDH, DSL, links which provides BSC connectivity to various sites). If this backbone site goes down many BTS shall be affected.

Repeater site is basically a signal boster placed far (remote location) from BTS, it basically bosts BTS received signal and retransmits it to provide Radio coverage in a particular area.

Shekhar

Hello Everyone,

Is anyone know about UMTS technology, what is the status of UMTS here in INDIA?

Regards
    Shekhar

Arvin

Hello Shekhar

I’m a filipino but Ive been in India many times,however,as you know that I have not known any networks upgrading for UMTS since this is a 3G technology.As for Airtel,Hutch or BPL networks I guess they are still on the process of planning to upgrade it.
    UMTS is a 3G tech that adapts EDGE technology to be incorporated on the network side…I hope this answers to your question.

Boko

Hi Arvin,

You are right UMTS is 3G technology but it have nothing to do with EDGE. UMTS is WCDMA technology that operates on different frequency band (even new antennas should be introduced).
    EDGE is an extension to GPRS, it is based on GSM technology. There are nine coding schemes from 1-4 the modulation is GMSK and from 5-9 is 8PSK. So you change only the carrier units to support 8PSK, use the same antenna feeders etc. But few phone manufacturers supports EDGE.

srini

for mian – 23 Nov 2005

Hi,

The maximum power u can pump to an GSM Katherine antenna is 500W max for an 65deg . different antenna has different capacity, it varies from one antenna to the other ,as well from vendor to vendor .

Boris

HiAll,

Do any person in the forum know some vendors of GSM Boosters within Africa.
    My company wants to buy some Remec GSM Boosters but we do not know who is their representative in Africa.

Best Regards
    Boris

Arvin

Hi Boko,

Thank you for your correction.

I am enlightened by your information as this is relevant to our technical update.Though I would like to know if you have known for any training course about BTS/RBS installation,commissioning and integration since I’m very much interested in this field.I could not land a job on this field coz it needs certification and training before I will be accepted.Can you be able to refer someone who are accepting training course especially on this field?

Boko

Hi Arvin
    I am sorry I can’t help you about the training, we attend courses organized by our vendors.

Vijay

Hi i want to knw abt the capacity of GSM networks means how many subscriber taken by Metro and Ultra site?and why??

Vijay

Hi i want to knw abt the capacity of GSM networks means how many subscriber taken by Metro and Ultra site?and why??

Tanginoa

Hallo
    Can anyone tell me how to use Ericsson TEMS pocket to detact cell signal

regards
    Tanginoa

Donna

Hello Boris,

I know one of the remec now powerwave vendor in Afica.the company is called CV COMMS LTD.They have offices in nigeria,cameroon.you can check more about them at http://www.cvcomms.com

shaleen srivastava

hi vijay

the one ultra site can support around 95(approx.) conversation

and in one metro site around
    30 conversations can be supported.

or if u wan to have the exact figure let me know i’ll provide you.

warm regards

Ahasan

Can u please tell me about the free website where I can depth learn about the Installing BTS?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 469 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.