Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

calculating with erlang

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mb

Hi,
    I have three sites, all calling towards one central site.
    I have the erlangs of every site calculated.
    should I first calculate the needed lines of every site and then sum these number of sites, or should I sum the erlangs of every site and then calculate the number of lines needed?

Jason MD

Hello,

Yes, no and maybe. What is it you want to know? You say you have three sites calling into one and the erlangs for every site, and you want to calculate the number of lines needed. Needed for what? Inbound on the one central site, outbound from the three sites? Putting Erlang aside do you have any other stats, such as percentage of utilization, busies? Do you have a problem you are trying to solve?

mb

no problem, i am making a global voice over ip design and need to know how much bandwidth is needed. Of course this excersise should be done for outbound and inbound traffic.
    I know the calltraffic (BHCR) between site A and the mainsite, the traffic from site B to the mainsite, and so one.
    From the BHCR I can calculate the erlang and from there the bandwitdh. But should I first calculate the erlang for A, for B and then sum these erlang values and then calculate the number of lines, or should I calculate the number of lines for A, B and sum these?

mgp

Hello mb, i think you should know the sum of erlang values and then calculate the number of lines needed for the mainsite. It shold be less than if you do it separately.
    Of course you most take in consideration the grade of service, percentage of utilization, busies, etc.

mb

Ok, thanx, I just heard the same answer from a colleague.
    Regards!

rav

Hi there,

I am trying to calculate the bandwidth required for a Vonage kinda service with say 10,000 subs in mind. My subscribers are gonna be on the IP who are gonna be connected to my servers.

What I wanna know is, is there a BHCR Table that can gimme a value for a service like that, or what are the factors i shoud be considering before i attem to do a calculation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.