Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

USSD CALL

• This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Wallis Dudhnath.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    msk

Hi all,
    I would like to know the USSD call flow and also the calls flow diagram for the mobile communication.if there is any website for this plz give me the link.

Thanks,
    …..

S.Vijay

Mee too …

If you have any docs send me a copy at scorplund1976@yahoo.com

Thanks and Rgds

msk

Hello vijay,
    Try this website http://www.mobilein.com/ussd.htm

If u find any intresting documents regards this forward it to this id amson20@rediffmail.com

Regards,

Hari

Hello vijay,

What is the info you are looking in USSD?.

Usually it’s used in developing un-supported mobile services!!, and MAP supports few messages too!!!.

Like USSDArg, USSDRes, USSDNotify………

And usually there will be a USSD-gateway which will host the service.

When user sends a USSDRequest *111#xyz….., the the VMSC will formward the USSD Request to HLR which routes the USSDRequest to specific USSDGW according to info on HLR which is configured.

In response if the USSDGW wants to send a message, then USSDRes will be sent either directly to VMSC or through HLR.

In case of HLR, the USSDRes will be forwarded to VMSC which intern sends the USSDRes to MS.

-Hope this helps………..Let me know in case you need more info on this!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hari

S.Vijay

Dear Hari,

Thank you very much for your excellent info.

1.I want to know more specifically how VMSC forwards this USSD to HLR ?

2.Is is possible to explain how the analaysis is done in ERICSSON-HLR ?

Rgds

MSK

Hi vijay & hari,
    Iam new to this telecommunication field.

I have some doubts regarding the switch.Please answer my queries if time permits.

1)Can MSC have mulitiple SPC?

2)If i say MSC/VLR as SSP and where STP and scp will come in to picture? Can I consider my routing data such as SCCP(GT),MTP3 (in case of connection oriented connection) will act as a database(SCP).Then what about STP(Can i say this is acheived via POI’s)?

3)If VLR assigns the TMSI to every subscribers then How does the mobile indetifies the call?
    I mean in the paging message only TMSI will be sent.Then How the mobile identifies this call.

Regards,

Hari

Hello Vijay,

Please find my comments in-lined.

1.I want to know more specifically how VMSC forwards this USSD to HLR ?
    The MS-initiated USSDReq includes IMSI, which will be used to forward the USSDReq to HLR.

2.Is is possible to explain how the analaysis is done in ERICSSON-HLR ?

Sorry, no idea……… but let me add what i think the possibility can be!!.

The HLR should be allowed to configure USSDgw for specific services. When USSDReq received with specific service, the same will be forwarded to USSDgw.

Hope this helps…..
    Hari

S.Vijay

Hi Hari,

Thanks Buddy…But not yet completed..

“1.I want to know more specifically how VMSC forwards this USSD to HLR ?
    The MS-initiated USSDReq includes IMSI, which will be used to forward the USSDReq to HLR.”

For this what will be the calling number in MAP-Query Message.

1.HLR address from VLR DB ?

Rgds

Hari

Hello Vijay,

The calledParty address of SCCP should include IMSI, refering to HLR which it belongs, with numbering plan set to E.211.

The USSD Phase-1 doesn’t support sending msisdn as part of USSD messages, where as USSD Phase-2 supports the same.

In case of USSD-Phase 2 we can use msisdn ( under E.164) addressing format to reach to respective HLR.

-Thanks
    Hari

Joel

Hello,
    Do u have any idea about network initiated USSD operations… I tried to send both USSR and USSN requests and both are working fine… But the only problem is that there is no alerting sound from the mobile. Is it possible to provide an alerting pattern. In the GSM 9.02 specs an optional alerting pattern is mentioned. I tried with those patterns also. But its not working. Can anybody help me
    Thanks in advance….

Ylan

Hi, i have the same concern as S.Vijay. That’s:
    1- USSD Call flow
    2- Analysis in ERicsson-HLR. particularly how ENAP is calculated.
    Thanks a lot.

Wallis Dudhnath

USSD is one of the hidden gems of 2G. It is based on MAP signalling protocol and is used by the mobile device, MSC/VLR, HLR / HSS and an assigned USSD Gateway. Good example of a use case is mobile prepaid top-up and balance enquiry. USSD and SMS are examples of the first mobile Internet services.

Generally you can have one spc for a MSC.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.