Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SCCP vs TCAP :Differences ??????

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    New Guy

Let me supplment to Hercules…

Lets say…MTP is Road.
    SCCP as PIZZA CAR.
    TCAP as PIZZA guy.

CAR knows which road to take and reach the address.The Guy knows which room/flat where the pizaa to be delivered.

Rgds

WATCH PIZZA-HUT…..

ADD : Buy 2 get One…. :-))

S.Vijay

SCCP Can address different Users within a SPC.TCAP allows to handle various queries within Various USER/SSN.

Is it ok ?

Rgds

Masoom

dear kumar,

i love that pizza scene its outstanding example,let me try if u are not cleared any more.

1- SCCP does not have transportation mechanism so for downstream MTP facilitate it and for upstream TCAP do the same job.

2- Why TCAP? bcz at sccp level u knows that there is a part SCRC(SCCP Routing control) whose function is only to identify that which which application to be triggered for this call(INAP,MAp etc…) but it only points to the application to be triggered,now it is the duty of TCAP to deliver that specific call to that Application.
    so simple.

i think its enough for your understanding..

sanjaynetam

What is msrn in GSM?

VK

Sanjay,

MSRN – Mobile Station Roaming Number

Iftikhar Ahmad

Dear, Can any body explain WiFi. Its a new emerging technology.

AALIYAH ABRAHAM

Can any one help me in decoding these numbers. I know there is some number reversing & last digit trimming…

calledPartyNumber ‘8310 4152599909’H,
    callingPartyNumber ‘8310 417200000005’H,
    originalCalledPartyID ‘8310 417200000005’H,

What will be the original numbers. calledPartyNumber / callingPartyNumber / originalCalledPartyID ???

Robert

I am a bit confused Mr.Manish! When you mention that SCCP needs TCAP in order to be operational. Now how about for other applications like RANAP or BSSAP that do not necessary need TCAP in order to be triggered?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.