Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Any Advantage of R2 signalling over SS7

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Akku

I would like to know of any application where R2 signalling is better equipped than SS7 . And the detailed reasons for the same .

S.Vijay

In case of Data Calls….R2 Offers simple setup procedure compare to C7-ISUP.

I know there are lot of options in C7.But so complex.

What do you think Guys…?

Rgds

Akku

Could u please give more details of a Data Call scenario as to how R@ offers simple setup procedure vis-a-vis SS7 signalling

Ashok

I do not think that R2MFC signalling has any Advantage over the SS7 , now in 3G networks it is only SS7 which would be usable. I do not see any reason for the R2MFC being advantageous in Data Calls . Atleast I don’t envisage any .Maybe Mr Vijay can share that

S.Vijay

Dear Ashok,

Yes You are correct.

Theoritically you are 100 %.

But in practical most of the DATA Products are still in R2 Signalling.Or in TCP/IP …nothing much with S7 Capability.

Data products I am mentioning abt INTERNET SERVERS/PRIVATE SERVERS/CONTENT SERVICE PROVIDERS SERVERS…etc..etc…which connects with MSC.

AKKU….,

SETUP Procedures are nothing different.I was talking from the SERVER Point of view.

If any server can handle C7 then we can defnly apply it…it will be more advantageous.

The reason why much DATA Vendors dont have C7 is ..they need it as special big application compare to R2.R2 is Very simple..small SW and More HW.But C7 is Vice versa.

Ultimately COST is Very Less.

I have seen more Vendors struggling with C7.

Think abt it….

Ashok

Can somebody come up with any advantage whatsoever R2 signallling has over SS7 signalling . I do not see any

S.Vijay

R2 is Not advantageous than C7.Thatswhy Nowadays evrbody is using C7.

Rgds

seymorebutts

R2 doesnt have any advantage on C7, may be on C5, to date we still use R2 signaling but for PABX interconnections only, it sucks!

Wallis Dudhnath

MFC R2 was built around one key application: Voice. SS7 / ISUP was built so that advanced Digital Services – ISDN – could be delivered. Look at IN – Intelligent Networks that has been built using INAP / ISUP signalling.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.