Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Traffic Analysis – for a single 200kHz

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Raj Kumar

Suppose u have one gsm 200 kHz carrier.Now this means u have 8 effective voice channels.I am trying to work out what can be the maximum capcity in terms of number of users that can utilise this 200 kHz.I want to verify what is the maximum Erlangs that u can generate or obtain from this scenario. My idea is that if lets say u have 8 people hence the number of calls = 8 and that each user talks for complete 60 minutes then the total occupied time = 8*60 = 480 minutes.Now since we have a total of 8 calls it means that lambda = 8/60 calls per minute.H (average holding time ) = 480/60 minutes per call.Based on this I can say that the maximum traffic intensity that can be generated = 8/60*480/8 = 480/60 = 8 erlangs (maximum capacity that a 200 kHz carrier slot can ever give in one hour ).Now if I set in my network that each subscriber will use 25mErl then Can I now say that my capacity = 8E/25mErl = 320 users in a single 200 kHz SLOT FOR A ONE HOUR DURATION?????? Please – I don’t want guesses – I want concrete comments on this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.