Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Transcoders in remote BSC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    siva

Hi,
    Iam new to this site and GSM field.I have a doubt regarding the transcoders used in the remote BSC.What is the use of giving 4 E1 links b/w BSC and transcoder to carry just 16kbps of data and also tell me something regarding E1 links.

alex

u don’t need 4 E1 links between BSC and transcoder, u need only one here, u need 4 E1 links between transcoder nad MSC, in most cases transcoders are at the same site as MSC and connected by one E1 link to remote BSC to save transmission cost…

alex
    http://www.dx200.biz

Partha

In general each Call fm MSC is carried in 64kbps.This bitrate is too high to be carried feasible over a Radio Link earlier.So it was decided used a suitable coding method like RPE-LPC(Regular Pulse excited – linear predictive coding) so that the same speech call is coded in 16kbps.(13kbps for speech + 3kbps for signalling).
    Thats why the Transcoder converts a 4E1 link to 1E1 link.

Saeed JAN

At NSN Network I Have seen most the gateways(Transcoder) are located separte from BSC and MSC at centre location why ?

As we know if we MSC and Transcoder located at single point we can reduce media cost.

Sam

I have a Remote BSC and TC and MSC collocated. I want to know if there is any bandwidth saving on the interface between BSC and Transcoder, if we change from TDM to AoIP.
    How do i get expected bandwidth from my current TDM BSC (on the interface between BSC and Transcoder / not MGW)?

Wallis Dudhnath

The classic switch is based on 64kbits/s stream. The traditional MSC is based on the classic 64kbits/s stream for Voice connections.

TRAU is used to convert the rate to 64kbits/s. You have to see if your Network is configured for FR/HR/EFR.

Not sure is you have TFO in operation.

Let me know if you need any further inputs.

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.