Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Get the MSISDN when the IMSI available

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Casper

Hi All,

I have to get the MSISDN of an outbound roamer, when I know that subscribers IMSI. What’s the SS7 MAP request to do that and to which node do I need to send that request?

Thanks in advace!
    Eranga

Update

To HLR the update subscribet request will go and HLR will reply that insert sunscriber

Update

If my explanation is wrong please help me to also to correct it

Hari

Hello Eranga,

This is what i found in spec
    GSM 03.12 [ Location Registration Procedure ]

3.5.1.2 Downloading of subscriber parameters to the VLR
    As a part of the location updating procedure, the home location register will convey the subscriber
    parameters of the MS which need to be known by the visitor location register for proper call handling. This
    procedure is also used whenever there is a change in the subscriber parameters that need to be
    conveyed to the VLR (e.g. change in subscription, a change in supplementary services activation status).
    If the HPLMN applies the multinumbering option, different MSISDNs are allocated for different Basic
    Services (see GSM 09.07) and stored in the HLR. Among these MSISDNs, the Basic MSISDN Indicator
    as part of the HLR subscriber data (see GSM 03.08) marks the ‘Basic MSISDN’ to be sent to the VLR at
    location update. It is used in the VLR for call handling as calling party and as line identity.

But i of what i can understand and analyse this is not “for sure” access method to collect MSISDN given IMSI.

-Thanks
    Hari

Raool

Eranga,

U can use the MAP_SendParameters
    message to get the MSIDN from
    the IMSI.
    This message is sent to the HLR.
    Pass the “Request Parameter” as ‘Request Subscriber Data’ in this message. It will also give you lots of other data for this IMSI.

cheers
    -Raool

Eranga

Hi Raool,

Thanks for the information. But I cannot find a MAP_SendParameters MAP message in GSM phase 2+. Is that in Phase 2+ or 3?

Hi Hari,
    Thanks for your information.

Thanks!
    Eranga

Raool

Eranga,

MAP SendParameters is a GSM phase 1 message.
    Unfortunately finding the documentation for it is difficult.
    But you can find the ASN easily.
    Use that one

HTH
    Raool

Eranga

Hi Raool,

Even Dialogic (Intel Septel) MAP documentation doesn’t have anything about MAP SendParameters message. I suspect if that ss7 map stack supports that message.

Anyway thanks for the information. I will search along those guidelines. In worst case, I might have to extract the packet from the TCAP layer.

Cheers,
    Eranga

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.