Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Microwave Transmission

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Imran Sabir

Hi JYOTI PARKASH :
    While clculating the interfernce through Pathloss you can take(in order to be on the safe site)a radius of upto 75km.Anyhow it depends upon the frequency band you are using.
    Since lower frequencies travel larger distances than the higher ones.Secondly Pathloss calculate the interfernce using Flat Earth Model (considering earth to be completely flat) so most of the interference reports generated by Pathloss does not even exists due to the reason that earth is not flat and most of interference is blocked by the earth terrain itself.

Imran Sabir

Hi Md. Nasir Uddin
    Higher the capacity lesser is the sensitivity.
    Sdh radios are more sensitive than PDH as you can check them by their SENSITIVITY.
    Typically PDH has a threshold of -72dbm while those for SDH is in between -67 to -69dbm.
    The reason is noise floor of the radio.Due to complex modulation techniques the noise floor is greater in higher capacity radios as a result of which their sensitivity decreases.

Vivek

Hi all
    I have an Query that Can we calculate C/I using Pathloss 4.0 and If yes how

Karan

Hi,

What all are the reasons for ES, SES, UAS, BBE in a PDH microwave link?
    plz reply….

Karan

Hi guys plz reply if any body knows?

Alain Nemours

Hi can anybody tell me what the exact causes of a UAS alarm . In my point of view i think this alarm generated when theres a hardware failure like ODU and DRAWER faulty and sometime it is due to rain faiding. Please advice.

KJ B

Maheen,

As per my understanding,if RSL on both sides are OK and there is not any Error Rate alarms on MW as well.

SES,ES may appears on site B.
    If this is Nokia PDH,this is related to Error in interface means E1 level problem.If there is any problem in patching and cabling at any point in the transmission route these ES will be appeared.

Thx
    KJ

assia

hello,
    I am an electrical engineer,
    Olease i want to know in details about the “Frequency Diversity” with equations.

Akbar Ali

Could anyone explain about 0.3 MW dish?

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.