Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Microwave Transmission

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    emre

ok i understood space diversitiy and frequency diversity but what is the polarisation diversity?
    regards
    emre

Imran Sabir

Dear Emre,
    Polarization diversity menas, diversity in polarization i.e you are using two different polarization Vertical & Horizontal.
    Since each type of polarization is effected differntly under different environmental conditions, hence it is useful and also saves the frequency spectrum in case of X-PIC solution.

Md. Nasir Uddin

Why rain effects more on 13G and above frequency

Imran Sabir

Md. Nasir Uddin,

Frequencies greater than 10GHz, suffer more by rain than the frequencies less then 10Ghz.
    The major factor is the wavelength.Higher the frequency smaller the wavelength.
    Above 10GHz,wavelength becomes equal to the size of raindrop and as a result when it rains all the energy is being absorbed by the rain drop due to scattering and absorption.
    Thats the main reason.

emre

is 1+1 system x-pic solution?

Md. Nasir Uddin

Why Rx Sensitivity is higher for high capacity link ?
    Can any body reply pls. ?

Imran Sabir

Dear Emre,
    1+1 is a hot standby or protected system,with a single IDU(One unit)with two Baseband Modems.
    1+1 can be used as X-PIC but in that case it will be used as 2+0 system,with the same single IDU(One unit)with two Baseband Modems.
    X-pic solution is generally used for SDH solution while 1+1 is used for both PDH & SDH.

emre

many thanks Imran its useful info.

umer

can anyone tell mathematical formula for reflection point calculation

Techie

Can anyone tell me the RSL Levels for Frequency bands

JYOTI PARKASH

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THAT HOW RAIN AFFECTS A MICROWAVE LINK AND ALSO WHAT IS THERMAL DEGRADATION AND WHAT VALUE WE TAKE.

Imran Sabir

Hi JYOTI PARKASH :
    Frequencies greater than 10GHz, suffer more by rain than the frequencies less then 10Ghz.
    The major factor is the wavelength.Higher the frequency smaller the wavelength.
    Above 10GHz,wavelength becomes equal to the size of raindrop and as a result when it rains all the energy is being absorbed by the rain drop due to scattering and absorption.
    Thermal degradation or Thermal Fade margin is the decrease in RSL due to thermal agitation of electrons.The value of thermal degradation can be calculated by RBER.

maheen

Hi Imran,
    Below mention is my query
    A MW link b/w
    site A and Site B.
    Sites A links work properly and having no UAS,SES,ES,BBE but there are some UAS,SES ,ES BBE on the link at site B.
    Can you tell how these error occur on Site B but didn’t occur on Site A
    Is there any problem with dishes alignmnet
    or some hardware issue or any interferenec issue

JYOTI PARKASH

I HAVE A QUERY WHEN WE CALCULATE INTERFERNCE USING TLP OR PATHLOSS WHAT RADIUS WE TAKE

Imran

Hi Maheen,
    First thing as per my understanding is that
    UAS,SES,ES,BBE s not for the single site rather these parameters are calculated on the basis of MW Link.
    I am saying this thing on the basis of Pathloss Link Planning Tool.
    These parameters ultimately depends upon the frequency,path length,polaization,dish size etc etc.
    This can happen that your RSL might be less at siteA than SiteB due to change in polarization at two ends but theses parameters remain same for both the sites since theses are meant for MW link.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.