Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Microwave Transmission

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Techie

why we use in some cases vertical polarization & horizontal polarization

Imran Sabir

Hi everyone,
    Can any body tell me,what is the effect oh HI-LO Voilation on the network while designing a Ring Topology?
    Is it true that performance degradation in 26GHz band is more severe than 38GHz band,due to Rain?

Imran Sabir

Hi everyone,
    Kindly give me the answer that,
    Why RSL(Recieved Signal Level) is in dbm while Fade Margin is in db?

Imran Sabir

Hi Techie,
    actually the selection of polarization depends upon the different prameters.
    Vertical polarization is more effective against rain.
    Vertically polarized waves are less effective to multipath fade in lower frequencies.
    vertical polarized wave give us 30% more RSL as compared to the Horizontal polirized wave.
    The reason for using both H & V polarizations is to get maximum use of frequency in th network with out interference.

Hopefully this will help you

Pix

Hi sabir,

A received level is the measurement of an absolute power, that corresponds to miliwatts for instance. So that’s dBm.

The fading margin is an attenuation, that is a relative difference in power. And that’s not an absolute power, that can’t be express in milliwatt. It is relative… So it’s dB. A certain power – 3dB, means the power (whatever value it actually was) is divided by 2.
    -6 dB = power divided by 4
    – 9 dB = divided by 6

Imran Sabir

thx Pix,

But my concern is that,
    FM=Rx Sensitivity(dbm)- RSL(dbm)

if both RSL & Rx Sensitivity are in dbm,how FM is in db?

Techie

Hi Imran Sabir,

Thanks for your reply, i wanted to ask you one more thing that is there any distance limitation in using the H and V Polarizations in the frequency bands

saadia

hello everyone!
    i want to know about path losses in GSM 1800.can anybody tell me what is the link balance?

Ahmed

why we use in some cases vertical polarization & horizontal polarization.pls answer me

Winet

patrick.fr – 4 Apr 2007

Could you explain me what you meant?
    ODU HS = Hot Standby?
    Link is made on Ericsson Mini Link TN equipment, I’m sure there is 1+0 option checked. How ODU can be HS in this case?

nizar

can anybody tell me which all countries use alcatel bts for installaTION………………………………………………

Imran Sabbir

Hi Winet,
    to me it seems that your link is getting interference from some other source.Contact your Transmission Planner to verify if there is any interference on that link or not.

Imran Sabir

Hi Techie:
    Is there any distance limitation in using the H and V Polarizations in the frequency bands?

Hop distance is not dependent on the polarization,rather it is frequency dependent. Anyhow at smaller frequncies,H polarized wave suffer more multipath fading than V polarized wave,while in upper frequency bands,H polarized waves suffer more Rain fading than the V polarized waves.

Techie

Can anyone tell me the RSL Levels for Frequency bands

pix

Hi Sabir,

sorry for the late reply.
    by substracting two powers, you obtain a delta of power.
    And a “delta” is an attenuation…

dBm – dBm = dB

that’s correct.

a dB is a difference (or “delta”) between two powers expressed in dBm. Maybe you should refer to wikipedia if you want a more mathematical approach of this…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 114 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.