The world's first online Erlang traffic calculators

Telecom Traffic Online
  Home | Free calculators | Products | Tech. papers | Forum | About us
A-Z termination - click here
A-Z termination - CLICK HERE
A-Z termination using H.323 and SIP
A-Z termination
  • VoIP softswitch

DUAL Softswitch is a complete Voice over IP switching and billing solution.  Flat monthly rate.

Web control panels; Least Cost Routing; Excel tariff uploads; SIP and H323 support.

H323 SIP softswitch >>

• VoIP calling

Premium quality termination for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Direct >>

Our lowest rates for wholesale carriers with their own VoIP switch.

44Mobile >>

Our unique online callshop billing system.

Bill My Calls >>

What is Soft Blocking and Hard Blocking

pix - 8th December 2017  (21:20 GMT)

hi,

oops, sorry, hw failure do cause hard congestion, because capacity is reduced. I guess I misread the question...

for example, 1 baseband is down, so the remaining baseband will have to absorb the extra traffic.

cheers
pix

pix - 26th November 2017  (10:41 GMT)

hi Poobalan

Hard congestion is not caused by HW failure. It is caused by sheer lack of timeslots of any kind to serve the incoming call, resulting in the subscriber having to redial.

Soft congestion is caused by the system having to re-allocate capacity in order to serve an incoming call. Usually it is the Ps timeslots that are released, in order to make room for CS timeslots.

Additionally, soft congestion might be synonymous with incoming handover congestion : the incoming HO is rejected because not enough capacity in the target cell. However the call is maintained in the source cell. That's not a direct impact on subscriber.

BR/Pix

Poobalan - 20th November 2017  (07:45 GMT)

Can anybody let me know, How does Hard blocking occur in not congested cell and Is it cause of hardware failure. Because I have seen many cells affected by hard blocking where no capacity issue.

Wallis Dudhnath - 24th October 2016  (13:54 GMT)

Hard blocking describes the situation when NO RADIO Resources are
assigned after the GPRS/EDGE/etc.. service request in Data Services and access to Data services is denied.
For instance, if we consider a case when a user requests resource for
Data Service access and no resources at all are assigned, this is deemed as Hard Blocking.

Soft blocking considered the scenarios that allocated channel numbers does not meet the MS multi time slot
capability after data service has established i.e. Soft blocking
where users are assigned a “PORTION” of the resources they request.

Vishal kaushik - 9th August 2016  (12:14 GMT)

What is Hard Blocking & Soft Blocking? With example?

vaibhav kumar yadav - 5th June 2014  (05:19 GMT)

Soft blocking - when a cell is heavily loaded, the interference level increases because of many users. so the BTS might block any additional user (or call) so as to not add to more interference. remedy is to contain coverage or add more sites nearby congested site.

hard blocking - when a cell capacity gets limited when no more CEs are available. This off course is a hardware restriction. So a possible remedy is to add more CEs or contain coverage (optimization)

Hassan - 22nd June 2011  (13:10 GMT)

What is Soft Blocking and Hard Blocking in terms of Data KPIs. How are they calculated and what is the difference b/w the two?

Guys please help me out here...

BR// Hassan

Post a reply to this article

Name Enter your name.
Message Enter your message.
Email Optional -  If you enter your email address in this box, then you will automatically be notified if anyone replies to your message.  Your email address will only be published if you pay to post this message.
Verification
Please confirm you are human.
Press the button to post your message.
Home | Free online calculators | Products | Technical papers | Forum | Contact us | About us

Last modified: 17 May 2017

Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.